HHP: Pythagorean record and the Gaussian Copula-Function: How I learned to stop worrying and love

cityknight

So basically you don't mind misreprestning LJ as pissing all over this thread when the author of the OP had no issue with him at all. I was the only one that needed to be called out here.

Yeah, I remember some of those questions/logic:

"Why can't I say that pitchers wins have value a just s UZR and FIP having value. They are just as arbitrary."

"What defensive metrics have been developed since Cal Ripken retired."

"Nick Markakis's defensive metrics have always been below average, just look at his dWAR"

"Since WAR is published annually and defensive stats are stable over three years then WAR is flawed"

You've wildly misrepresented several things I said there. Congrats. I guess you've proved your point. I could go through it point by point and show you how you've misrepresented what I said, but why waste my time? You know it all already, including what I wrote.

Why would anyone would ever accuse you of making strawman Pickles?

Funny, because clearly you do. Like when I asked what do you think the range of error is on D stats, and what would be acceptable, and you called it a strawman.

Because you can't answer it.

But it proves the OP's point very well: To half way understand something is far more dangerous than to admit you don't understand it at all.

To be clear I don't need to defend LJ. That shoud be obvious to anyone on this board, even you if you had an ounce of honesty and integrity. I'm just pointing out your ongoing hypocricy. You know he has you on ignore, yet you have zero conscious about taking the opportunity to make totally false and baseless attacks on him here in this thread. That says volumes about your character.

You can throw around whatever accusations. They don't bother me. Not coming from you.

Go ahead and have the last word Pickles. No need to ruin this thread anymore than it has been. I'll certanly take my share of the blame for that.

What's funny is Jim and I posted virtually identical first responses to the OP. Only one of us, you, and by proxy him, had to be annoying about it. Like I've said before: In a desperate attempt to prove to yourself how smart and witty you are. You're a champion.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but you are An Amigo, so by the Pickles Law of Universal Transgression one Amigos words= words of all the Amigos.

Amigos Unite! Once an amigo, always an amigo. Amigo since 8/14, and forever.

Posted by bd, proud member of The Three Amigos.

BD, what's it like to be Batgirl? Is the a good job? Do the sheets get damp at night?

Archived