Machado at 3B

Frobby

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice play on a very good bunt tonight. No way Betemit makes that play. So far he is handling 3B beautifully.
Yes, he has a rocket of an arm. The trio of Omar, Hardy, and Machado could be a very good infield, and will help us immensely!

One of our best played games all season tonight, IMO. That's good figuring we are approaching crunch time!

Nice play on a very good bunt tonight. No way Betemit makes that play. So far he is handling 3B beautifully.

Meh, I get your point that Machado > Betemit on defense but Betemit did make a play like that (I want to say vs. CHW) to win us a game. It was a swinging bunt in a game back in April.

The improved defense is one reason that you can't use Pythag midway through the season to predict what will have happened at the end of the season. Most of our run differential so far was built before Reynolds settled in at 1B, Quintanilla took over at 2B, Machado was promoted, and the McLouth/Ford platoon took over in LF. Runs will be a little harder to come by for the opposition - depending on the starting pitchers' performances.

We also still have room to improve on offense, as Reynolds showed last night. Although, I fully expect Q's bat to move closer to his career norms. But, if we're lucky, that won't happen until April 2013! If Hardy can get going, we may find runs easier to come by over the last month and a half of the season.

And, finally, we're getting Hammel back, hopefully by the first week of September. He along with Chen, Gonzales, Tillman and Johnson could be a competent rotation. Not '71 Orioles, but solid enough to compete every day.

The run dif could look a lot different by the beginning of October.

As of right now, who is the better SS between Machado and Hardy?

With Hardy signed for a few more years, and past reports that Machado might outgrow SS and move to 3b later on anyway, why not just let the young man stay at 3rd and learn it from day 1? I'm sure you'll all talk about how it will deminsh his value and yadda yadda yadda, but if playing Hardy at SS and Machado at 3b is our better defensive alignment, then that's what I'd rather see.

As of right now, who is the better SS between Machado and Hardy?

With Hardy signed for a few more years, and past reports that Machado might outgrow SS and move to 3b later on anyway, why not just let the young man stay at 3rd and learn it from day 1? I'm sure you'll all talk about how it will deminsh his value and yadda yadda yadda, but if playing Hardy at SS and Machado at 3b is our better defensive alignment, then that's what I'd rather see.

Hardy. Machado is playing a good 3B.

Archived