Selig the Headhunter

olehippi

I could see Pettite getting a 50 day suspension. That's it though.

Did he test positive? Did he admit to anything? Has anyone stated that they actually saw the ingestion of a PED? I think the Commish is going to need more evidence before he starts handing out suspensions.

That said, I hope he gets the death penalty! :D

Considering Selig was either asleep at the wheel or had his head in the sand for about 12 years, his comments today are hypocritical. I hold him more responsible for the problem than any other single individual.

The Players Union would throw a hissy fit and threaten to take their ball and go home if he dared suggested any of this stuff before the Report.

Did he test positive? Did he admit to anything? Has anyone stated that they actually saw the ingestion of a PED? I think the Commish is going to need more evidence before he starts handing out suspensions.

That said, I hope he gets the death penalty! :D

I agree, but Selig seemed to indicate he's not opposed to disciplining people based on this report. So, looking at the report, the only person who is still active, and actually has remotely good evidence against him is Pettitte.

Considering Selig was either asleep at the wheel or had his head in the sand for about 12 years, his comments today are hypocritical. I hold him more responsible for the problem than any other single individual.

So we should all pretend that none of this ever happened and quietly walk away.

No. We should acknowledge that it happened and force the player's union to accept more indepth testing that will detect HgH and other PED's more accurately than the current testing allows for.

But, it does no good to punish people for past actions that players and managers and fans all benefited from. Most fans have already moved on. They aren't happy about the steroid era, but they aren't stopping it from allowing them to enjoy the game today.

Yes! We should. The Mitchell Report is HUGE, but not at all exhaustive I'm guessing. Those named are probably still a small fraction. If you want blood, then have fun watching Pawtuckett defeating Toledo next year for the "World Championship".

The sport is seriously cleaner than it has been for years. Even with the supposedly flawed testing now in place. There is no point to a witch hunt.

Sorry if this was not your intended tone in your post, morris. Nothing personal.

Archived