Redsox lose cool

duffaphonic

AGon has not forgotten the insult to his integrity back in the spring when Chris Davis struck him out with a split-finger fastball instead of grooving AGon with a batting practice fastball which Davis was supposed to throw, per AGon's rules. You do not insult the entitled AGon twice in one season without being reprimanded.

God, I love baseball.

Was Gonzalez this much of a cry baby in San Diego? Or did he acquire it from the Red Sox?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop with the martyr act. Everyone is acknowledging your opinion and no one has said you can't have it. I've simply asked you what do you feel happened that makes you have that opinion. If the sky is blue and you tell me that it's green, then I'll ask you why you think it's green. You don't just repeat because it's green.

Not exactly. If I said it was green because of the way the atmosphere scatters light from the sun, you'd ask me to clarify. And it's not really a martyr act, it's just annoying that the conversation dragged on this long.

And yeah, when Drungo starts ripping off sarcastic comments from the peanut gallery, it bugs me.

I've clarified my position of why I think there was nothing wrong with what Strop did. I advised that Strop had come set, Gonzalez was in the box in his set position, and that Strop had a minimal leg kick but that he did nothing illegal.

I've asked you to clarify why you feel the way you do (as you're the one throwing out strong accusatory adjectives in regards to the situation). You're argument has basically boiled down "I think it was bush league and deceptive because it was bush league and deceptive", which is akin to "Because I said so".

And no I don't think Gonzalez was set because I'm an O's fan. I think he was set because I have eye and can look a picture.

Holy smokes. See, that's what I never said. I've maintained that I can see how Gonzalez would think this out of frustration. For the record, even though what he did was within the rules of the game, I do think it toes the line of being bush league. Because I said so.

Kind of what an opinion is.

EDIT: Just wondering... if you were Adrian Gonzalez, and you were dealing with this hellish season, and that happened to you last night, would you say "aww, shucks" and tip your cap to Strop for a job well done, or would you get fired up and start hootin' and hollerin' and imply he was being a sneak?

Making excuses for failure isn't exactly new in sports these days, especially with all of the prima donna, self-entitled players around professional sports. (Do I have to write a thesis proving the existence of those types of players, or can we agree that they're around?)

EDIT: Just wondering... if you were Adrian Gonzalez, and you were dealing with this hellish season, and that happened to you last night, would you say "aww, shucks" and tip your cap to Strop for a job well done, or would you get fired up and start hootin' and hollerin' and imply he was being a sneak?

Of course I'd be mad and start yelling and saying ridiculous things that make no sense and throw stuff and get kicked out of the game. And if I were Pedro Strop I'd keep doing what I'm doing and get a heck of a lot of satisfaction out of consistently beating the team with twice the payroll and talent and 50 times the expectations.

So, you must pitch to Gonzales when and only when he deems fit.

You must not pitch inside on Ortiz.

Bush league, to me, is the false sense of entitlement that these overpaid jerks have.

I never liked this team, but I respected them when they were the scrappy underdogs trying to de-throne the yanks.

Now, they might be worse than the yankees IMO. Screw em'

I hope Gonzo gets quick pitched every AB that it's legal tonight and maybe even some chin music for being a dick.

There wasn't anything even close to bush league about that pitch last night. Like Palmer said, that's something the advanced scouts should be on top of. I can promise you every pitcher in MLB does something with their delivery to try and deceive and throw off a batters timing. It's pretty much essential for a pitcher.

So, you must pitch to Gonzales when and only when he deems fit.

You must not pitch inside on Ortiz.

Bush league, to me, is the false sense of entitlement that these overpaid jerks have.

I never liked this team, but I respected them when they were the scrappy underdogs trying to de-throne the yanks.

Now, they might be worse than the yankees IMO. Screw em'

I hope Gonzo gets quick pitched every AB that it's legal tonight and maybe even some chin music for being a dick.

They've been worse than the Yankee's for awhile now. That includes their fans too.

Changing delivery time is a legal means of giving yourself an edge. When there are runners on, varying the length of the hold is an acceptable and pretty much standard strategy to disrupt the baserunner's timing. I think the pitch was legal because Gonzales was ready. Those saying it was bush league because it was meant to deceive are making a laughable argument. The entire intent of pitching is an attempt to deceive, that's what pitchers do:)

Making excuses for failure isn't exactly new in sports these days, especially with all of the prima donna, self-entitled players around professional sports. (Do I have to write a thesis proving the existence of those types of players, or can we agree that they're around?)

His own closer does it constantly. If I was Adrian Gonzalez, maybe I'd say "Dang, that thang that Aceves does is a pain."

Archived