Nick bunted on his own

eddie83

It appears dat nobody knows nuttin'....or nothing that they will admit to. Buck didn't throw Nick under the bus, and Nick hasn't tossed Buck out with the garbage. Who know.... perhaps Hale accidentally flashed the bunt sign while going through the fake motions? Or maybe Nick misread a sign from Hale? My guess is that Nick had a brain fart.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.

I guess this makes me feel better. Presumably, Markakis was trying to surprise the defense and bunt for a hit. That's way better than an attempted sacrifice. I also prefer Markakis making the call over Buck, since that would suggest a terrible philosophy by the guy in charge of strategy.

Markakis tried to do something he maybe shouldn't have tried. It went as wrong as possible. I'm over it.

But that play lost us the game.

Nick bunted so what. If he hits into a double play bunting people accuse him of not being "smart". However, if he does swing and hits into a double play people complain so what difference would it have made. We will never know what would have happened if he swung but the point is he could have swing into a double play as well. We had other chances in the game to score that was not the only chance to score that entire game but I do agree that is was the inning we could have done the most damage.

Nick bunted so what. If he hits into a double play bunting people accuse him of not being "smart". However, if he does swing and hits into a double play people complain so what difference would it have made. We will never know what would have happened if he swung but the point is he could have swing into a double play as well. We had other chances in the game to score that was not the only chance to score that entire game but I do agree that is was the inning we could have done the most damage.

Well I guess the fact is it could have been worse. We should have lost 2 of 3 to them if Cook knew how to field his position properly. More luck for us I suppose.

Well I guess the fact is it could have been worse. We should have lost 2 of 3 to them if Cook knew how to field his position properly. More luck for us I suppose.

So you equate making an error with knowing how to field your position properly? So... pretty much nobody in the history of the game knows how to field properly.

So you equate making an error with knowing how to field your position properly? So... pretty much nobody in the history of the game knows how to field properly.

Why are you defending Cook? He's not one of ours so he's fair game.

And yes, throwing the ball into center field is kinda considered not fielding right. I guess I'll eat my words when Cook wins a gold glove at the end of the year.

Okay.

I guess this makes me feel better. Presumably, Markakis was trying to surprise the defense and bunt for a hit. That's way better than an attempted sacrifice. I also prefer Markakis making the call over Buck, since that would suggest a terrible philosophy by the guy in charge of strategy.

Markakis tried to do something he maybe shouldn't have tried. It went as wrong as possible. I'm over it.

But that play lost us the game.

You can't say that with any degree of certainty, though, right? I mean, Buchholz threw about 20 (exaggeration, yes) ground balls to 2nd base last night, what if Nick GIDP? We only come out of that inning with one run on Hardy's single. Obviously, he could have hit a double, or a 3R homer, but its absolutely impossible to say with any conviction, or certainty, that that play lost us the game.

Bad decision by Nick to bunt...and a bad decision to send Quintanilla on Hardy's single. Ross was playing in, got a good break on the ball and has a strong arm.

I respectfully disagree. He had to make a perfect throw and he did. Hat's off. With 2 outs I sent the running on a close play every time.

Why are you defending Cook? He's not one of ours so he's fair game.

And yes, throwing the ball into center field is kinda considered not fielding right. I guess I'll eat my words when Cook wins a gold glove at the end of the year.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just asking why you equate making an error with not knowing how to field.

And you really think it's ok to just make up any old crap about anybody who's "not one of ours"? Really?

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just asking why you equate making an error with not knowing how to field.

And you really think it's ok to just make up any old crap about anybody who's "not one of ours"? Really?

Lordy. It's not "making up any old crap", it's not like I'm blaming him for the bad economy or world poverty or something. But on that particular play he did not field very well. Just like on that particular at bat yesterday Markakis (or whoever) did not make a good decision.

I don't why everyone is jumping on me I'm far from the only person critical of the decision here. And in about 10 mins I'll be over it, as I've said time and time again.

Archived