Cal Ripken T-shirt Contest (Winners: Dipper9,Golden Ace, Big Snutchy, Maverick2143, notfast)

Tony-OH

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite moment in OH history was getting several kind PMs after announcing last year that I was gonna take the rest of the year off. I was so heartened by the messages that I decided to stick it out for the rest of the season, so that OFFNY wouldn't be posting to the game threads all alone. :)

And now we're looking at an O's team that is better than I've ever seen in my adult (post-teen) life, and I've never been more excited about each and every game.

It has to be the dozen or so Teixeira watches. Man, that was theater. A huge roller coaster ride that had you throwing up in the end. It's a wonder we all didn't get carpal tunnel hitting the refresh button on our web browsers.

Ravens motorcade watch...and the best part of it all, after 10,000 or more posts....

The Hitler video, unmatched in brilliance and comedy before or since.

Have to agree here that Clarence's parody of the Tex signing with the voice over Hitler movie was unbelievable. Is that somewhere in the classic section?

Getting reputation from Tony & respected posters.

Realizing I can post from my iPhone.

But for me the most memorable day in OH history was the day my brother told me about it and I typed the name in the search window on my computer. All pardons to Monty Python, but that was the best ending of a search for the Holy Grail for me.

My favorite day in OH history was when the decision was made to keep the name OH. Incidentally I was in Homage in Columbus a few months ago and almost bought one of the Cal shirts---now I have the chance to win one! The shirts are the new thin-soft cotton material, really nice. Similar to the 47 brand tees.

They sent me one and I have to say it looks like it's of high quality. Very nice shirt.

I guess back to what we like about OH? I like that with the hangout night games previously and a lot of people knowing each other personally, that we feel comfortable enough with people just from talking to them on a message board to actually get together and do something. That's pretty cool and rare in the internet world.

Last day to enter for the free T-shirts. To enter, either say soemthing you like about OH, what OH means to you, a good story about how OH has helped you, or how OH effects your fandom over the years. Last chance to enter is 1159PM tonight.

Life is a mystery. Each day, I never know what will be thrown my way. As a Safety Engineer, my day can be long, boring, and uneventful, or my day can be hectic and nerve wracking.

But there are some things in life I am sure of every day (assuming I wake up in the morning).

1. I will kiss my wife before we start our day.

2. I will have to visit the "facilities" at least once a day.

and

3. I will check into Orioles Hangout periodically throughout the day.

These three things are a given every day of my life!

What can I say?

Been a member in some shape or form here for 10+ years, seen a lot of lows, now experiencing some highs, and this place has infinitely increased my baseball IQ.

The bag is on my head only out of fear of jinxing this season. Believe me, the bag has been off my head for a while.

Archived