Cal Ripken T-shirt Contest (Winners: Dipper9,Golden Ace, Big Snutchy, Maverick2143, notfast)

Tony-OH

This place has been a home for me since soon after it's inception. I could ramble on for hours about the things I like here and how much the people and knowledge mean to me, instead I'll just thank Tony, Michael, and the guys who work so hard for providing Orioles fans with the best baseball discussion site on the net.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy reading the game threads while I am watching my O's on MASN. It is like having a bunch of phantom Oriole fanatics in my living room making snarky comments (just like me) about some bad umpiring call or singing praise about some fantastic play that an Oriole just made.

It's been said before but I'll say it again - I love the baseball discussion and the knowledge I've gained here over the years, but what I really enjoy is the community. I probably have more posts in the Hangout Club or Music or Television boards than I do in O's talk. This is the only internet community I keep up with and it's coming up on almost... 10 years now? Thanks again, Tony.

I like OH because is has made me aware of the fact that there are people all over the country that have shared my misery for years of having their favorite team out of contention before the middle of summer. While I'm sorry for your pain, it gives me comfort to know I'm not alone.

The Hangout is more than just a message board, to me. It's my home on the internet. I spend more hours on this site, then I do watching TV, and probably even sleeping. I love the fact that I can talk Baseball, and just as quickly, go get my nerd fix in the Computer section, or read how bizarre things are in the real world in the Hangout Forum. I have enjoyed seeing people have kids, and shedding tears when members, or someone in their families have suffered tragedy and have found such wonderful support from the incredible people here. I love the fact that this is indeed a real community, and not virtual. People have stepped up and donated money to others in need on this very site, have banded together to vote our members onto victory in contests and polls. I love the fact that I can just come here every day. The door is always open, and that's the best part.

Day 5. The fifth installment:

The Orioles Hangout always fills the boring spaces in my day. I've been drunk in Rochester and surfing the OH on my iPhone. I've been at the yard watching the game, and been in the game threads at the same time. I've been late to a doctor appointment because I had to get my point across about something.

I love that Orioles Hangout is a sure-shot place an O's fan can come and find other hardcore Oriole fans... stuffed full of great information and observations. It's the BEST destination for O's fans on the web (and, I think, has allowed a lot of us to keep our fandom alive through the last decade and 1/2 of bad baseball)! Excellent - excellent - site:thumbsup1:

Archived