Apparently, Jason Esposito threw a F-Bomb tantrum at a 16 year old girl.

Snutchy

I wasn't there nor do I know whole story. I do know that something happened and has caused quite a stir in town and local ballplayer to get booed.

Link to the whole story.

The 16 year old fan politely told him she wanted to keep it as that was what she wanted for her birthday the chance to bid and win the jersey and that she had taken herself out of the other auctions because she had won this one. Well it seems Jason got ticked off at this and dropped 2 f bombs on the girl which made her break down in tears,he then slops an autograph on it and takes off.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what that means?

I'd like to hear his side of the story. Obviously it doesn't sound good, but my goodness, that was a poorly written article.

That's just Jon being Jon. He focuses on getting whatever it is out there, leaving punctuation behind. He'll be the first person to tell you that. I'd really like to hear Jason's side of the story, that's why I didn't speculate.

Don't know the whole story here but it does seem as though Esposito lost his composure. It won't be the first time or the last time a 22-year old loses his cool, but I would have thought a one day benching might be at least in order. Again, I don't know what Ryan Minor said or didn't say, but in my opinion a message should have been very strong that the organization will take incidents like this seriously. DD and Buck are trying to install a different attitude of accountability throughout the organization and sitting a guy down the next day would have been a message to everyone. In fact a short suspension from the FO may have sent the right message throughout the entire organization and may have paid dividends in the future.

It will be interesting to hear what John Stockstill has to say about this and whether he felt Esposito's actions deserved further scrutiny by the organization.

People make mistakes and it sounded like Esposito made one that was out of character for him. Again, I'm not making any statements about Esposito's overall character, but if the accusations are true, the Orioles organization could have used this as the perfect opportunity to ensure all of their players understand that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

I'm sure Esposito's poor season is not helping his attitude out. Regardless, he needs to realize that those kinds of outbursts around children over something as silly as a jersey that she won fair and square is not something that will win him many fans nor will it help his stock in an organization that surely must be disappointed by his performance this season.

Another quality draft pick by the Baltimore Orioles. Jesus.

Yes, a poorly written article by a random internet commenter with nonexistent sources that has nothing to do with baseball is certainly enough evidence to call this a poor draft pick.

Yes, a poorly written article by a random internet commenter with nonexistent sources that has nothing to do with baseball is certainly enough evidence to call this a poor draft pick.

A 22 year old putting up a 550 OPS in the Sal league (1-4 BB/K ratio) with questionable defense is enough evidence to have me worried.

Well, in the posters defense, he may have looked at his stats as well. ;) Plus, there were a lot of commenters who had information. Regardless of the way the "story" was written, too much smoke here for there to be no fire.

I don't know what that means?

I'd like to hear his side of the story. Obviously it doesn't sound good, but my goodness, that was a poorly written article.

In a relationship, you can be an alpha or a beta to your woman. He is the epitome of a beta if he acts in real life as he acts on "The Twitter".

I'd like to call for a thorough investigation of Twitter accounts to identify and release all betas from the organization.

This team has allowed sissy passenger-seat boyfriends for far too long. It's kind of sad, really.

I mean seriously. How can a guy be a prospect if he's a beta? ;) We should cut him now because clearly beta's are not major league prospects. :D

Archived