Apparently, Jason Esposito threw a F-Bomb tantrum at a 16 year old girl.

Snutchy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How hard is it to say, "Hey, I want to give me girlfriend that jersey, but how about I buy it back from you for what you paid AND give you tonights game worn jersey after I sign it and toss in a couple signed balls?" These guys have a ton of power to make things right and just blow it with fans at times.

I won't comment on Esposito's performance because that is irrelevant when dealing with the behavior of a ball player toward a fan.

What I will comment on is the story. Who witnessed this exchange? If Esposito and this girl were not in the presence of other people, then I become suspicious. When working with people over the years I have come to realize that people lie for different reasons. As a high school teacher, I have many situations where students have lied to me about an event. I have also had students tell lies about events that have happened in my classroom. When a student tells me about something that happened between them and another student, I usually have to do a little investigating to check out whether the student is being truthful.

This story could have easily happened the way the 16 year old girl claimed. I won't rule that out. But she could have also lied to her father about what happened for some unknown reason. By the way the story reads, it appears that the father was not at the exchange between the girl and Exposito. The girl told her father what happened. The father then gets upset when he hears about it and complains to management who will try to make the situation better for the fan. Someone then tells this Jonathan Taylor, who then writes a blog. Who are the witnesses???? That is never mentioned. Therefore, all you have is the story from a 16 year old girl. Possibly an accurate story, but maybe not an accurate story.

So based on what I read, I cannot pass judgement without knowing more information. None of us were there. The story is not a good read. Therefore, I need more information than what the story reveals before I blindly believe this girl. The following is from a different article and shows the correct approach to the situation. You have to do your best to take care of the fan, but you also need to investigate before passing judgement on the player. I imagine that they will find out more about this situation and if the girl is truthful. If the girl told the truth, then punish the player.

Shorebirds General Manager Chris Bitters told WBOC he takes fan comments and concerns very seriously and immediately refunded the family and gave Casey another players jersey.

"These are serious allegations against a player with regards to comments that he made, may have made or may not have made, to a fan," he said. "We, from the Shorebirds seed, obviously look to address that fan's issues from what we control very quickly and swiftly. The Orioles, who our players are contracted with and play for, make the decisions on players, they're well aware of the situation."

Here is the link to a this better article on the situation: http://http://www.wboc.com/story/19324096/shorebirds-player-accused-of-cursing-out-young-fan

Regardless of what actually happened, and who knows what did, this does not look good for Esposito. Guy has been tanking and looks horrible, and this just adds to the narrative. Something doesn't need to be true in order for people to think it is. As this spreads, people will make up their own minds about him regardless of what was said or done. Not good any way you look at it.

For those speculating this is a false story, one would think we would have heard from Espisito if it were.

According to the comments section, Esposito has tried to have a meeting with the family to patch things up, and the family has declined.

Obviously, I have no idea if that is true or not.

It sounds to me like things went down similarly to how the article says they did. But yeah, I'd certainly like to hear from Esposito and give his side of the account.

How hard is it to say, "Hey, I want to give me girlfriend that jersey, but how about I buy it back from you for what you paid AND give you tonights game worn jersey after I sign it and toss in a couple signed balls?" These guys have a ton of power to make things right and just blow it with fans at times.

Not sure that the game worn jersey is his to give away.

Running with pure speculation here but what would the girl, who is a season ticket holder, who liked the poorly performing player enough to compete in an auction to win a jersey from said player - what would her motivations be to fabricate the story?

And what would Esposito's be to fabricate his version?

To me Esposito's are obvious.

Besides a crazy, bunny boiler theory - which may be a stretch to conceive - the girls aren't so clear. But I don't know homegirl.

It's not like this is a groupie trying to pin a kid on a player. It's a jersey for a currently disappointing player who like many other professional athletes may possess a certain arrogance that can push some players to greatness and others to wretched dbaggery.

Or he could be the nicest guy in the world caught on a bad day.

I tend to believe the story as written. But that's just my completely gut based opinion. It carries no substance whatsoever.

And at the end of the day Esposito's performance will be all that matters. I remember as a kid waiting with other kids what seemed like forever to get Eddie Murray's autograph because he was literally hitting on women in the stands and temporarily ignoring the kids. I remember the incident but all I cared about was getting the autograph and I used that glove everyday until I couldn't see the autograph anymore. Eddie will always be one of my favorite Orioles.

It's a bonus if the players are cool, but I think most fans only care about the end result at the end of the day.

Archived