vs. RANGERS 8-20

scOtt

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that you're necessarily wrong, but A. Soriano says. .:new_wave:.

2 major differences there, Scott. Soriano is making $18 Million a year, whereas Gregg makes $5.8 Million. THAT is what makes the "albatross" so ridiculous in regard to Gregg, much more so than Soriano.

Also, Soriano is a position player that is having a decent season. Gregg is a pitcher that makes everyone wince every time that he comes into a game. Soriano is certainly not playing up to par with his salary, but it's not like he's dragging the team down with his presence on the 25-man roster, as Gregg has been doing all season.

2 major differences there, Scott. Soriano is making $18 Million a year, whereas Gregg makes $5.8 Million. THAT is what makes the "albatross" so ridiculous in regard to Gregg, much more so than Soriano.

Also, Soriano is a position player that is having a decent season. Gregg is a pitcher that makes everyone wince every time that he comes into a game. Soriano is certainly not playing up to par with his salary, but it's not like he's dragging the team down with his presence on the 25-man roster, as Gregg has been doing all season.

Exactly.

When you're going to pay the guy either way, why pay to have the guy do absolutely nothing to help the team win games? The fact that he's on our roster is absurd.

Nothing good to say about the game tonight. Hope we get the better of them tomorrow, or Texas could very well be the spoiler for us - they'll probably intentionally lose every single game against a WC contender for the rest of the year just to make us lose. Gah, I hate Texas SO much more than the Sox or the Yanks. I'll NEVER forgive them for that 30-3 game. I will only be happy when they lose 100 games with regularity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Nothing good to say about the game tonight.

Hope we get the better of them tomorrow, or Texas could very well be the spoiler for us - they'll probably intentionally lose every single game against a WC contender for the rest of the year just to make us lose. Gah, I hate Texas SO much more than the Sox or the Yanks. I'll NEVER forgive them for that 30-3 game. I will only be happy when they lose 100 games with regularity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I didn't see the game, but from the box scores, it looks like Lindstrom and Gregg both pitched well, and even though Romero didn't, at the very least, those 3 guys saved the rest of the bullpen on a night when Gonzo Part II had an off-night. We got our butts kicked tonight, but that trio of pitchers at least ate those 3 innings so that Johnson, Strop, Ayala, Stevie Johnson, and Darren O'Day could be fresh for the next 2 games. :)

We need to do two things on Tuesday, 1. score some runs, 2. We need six solid innings out of Chris Tillman. Chris needs to get it together and give us something like 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, if not better. C'mon Chris you do it.

Yes, we're in this pennant race, but we have to look to next season at the same time. Tillman needs to step up in the next 6 weeks to solidify a spot. If he doesn't he just another guy competing for one of the open spots. Chris hasn't pitched badly, but he needs continue improving starting tomorrow night.

Archived