2013 Draft Spot Tracker

IF, I read this right, as of today we would draft ""22nd"" and not 24th. Both the Dodgers and the Angels lose their draft slots.

I believe Texas had the 25th pick, so that wouldn't move us up any. Also, since Greinke was traded midseason he isn't eligible for a qualifying offer and the Dodgers don't lose a pick. The Braves lost one for Upton, but they pick 28th.

Still a chance we move up though with Swisher, Bourne, etc. still on the market

I believe Texas had the 25th pick, so that wouldn't move us up any. Also, since Greinke was traded midseason he isn't eligible for a qualifying offer and the Dodgers don't lose a pick. The Braves lost one for Upton, but they pick 28th.

Still a chance we move up though with Swisher, Bourne, etc. still on the market

Scratch Swisher. Cleveland loses a 2nd rounder, not a first.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for impact college bat's in this draft. Players to keep an eye on D.J. Peterson 3B New Mexico, last season hit .419 avg 17 HR 78 RBI as a sophomore. Kris Bryant 1B/3B San Diego, .366 avg 14 HR 57 RBI as a sophomore. I really wanted Zunino last year but maybe this year we get a bat who can quickly make it through the system.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this would vary by team, but is there a general category of player that is available at 24 that isn't at #5, for example?

I'm thinking the value from 20-40 might be in guys with little position flexibility, or the bullpen or just generally at non-premium positions. So, you might be more likely to get the #3 1B or LF and have him turn into a contributor, whereas if you go HS/college starting pitcher or SS, you're picking from farther down those lists of players, meaning you're probably taking a probability hit or you're making a large financial committment, or both.

Archived