Mitchell Report circus has past, Now lets Move on

Peace21

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets get back to talking trade talks. Alot of things will start to pick up. Bedard and Roberts should be dealt before Christmas. And for certain, Roberts wont be affected by the report..per Cubs.

Good stuff, Peace. Are there still talks of the 4-for-1 for BRob with Chicago?

Hendry really wants Roberts. And Pie is expected to be in the deal. Gallagher will definately be in any deal.
Even if Pie is in the Roberts deal I'd try to swing both Bedard and Scott to the Reds and get 4 players back. Hamilton either goes to LF or CF depending on if we get Pie or Murton back from the Cubs.

Peace,

Is Adam Jones def on the table? Are Bruce, Kemp, and Kershaw def off?

Caus it sounds to me like the M's are the team to trade with...but everyone on here has done a lot more research then myself.

Jones is definitely the best player availabel assuming Kemp, Kershaw, and Bruce are off limits. However, I think a Reds package can trump anything the Mariners would put together or that the Dodgers would put together assuming both Kershaw and Kemp aren't involved (and maybe even if one of them is).

If Pie is really off limits, then I go after Murton, Gallagher, Veal, and Patterson for Roberts. Then I try to get Cueto, Votto, Hamilton and Encarnacion from the Reds for Bedard and Scott.

You raise a good point Mackus.....

who do we trade next: BRob or Bedard?

Lets get back to talking trade talks. Alot of things will start to pick up. Bedard and Roberts should be dealt before Christmas. And for certain, Roberts wont be affected by the report..per Cubs.

For certain. Why would it? It may or may not have happened, and even if it did it was 5 years ago.

I am not surprised by that in the least, but I'm still not 100% sure that trading Roberts to the Cubs is a stellar idea, especially if Bailey or Cueto will be coming back in the Bedard deal.

Based on what BB said last night, I'm not crazy about dealing with Seattle. I like Jones, but he's not paired with Balentien or Clement... keep huntin'.

Would love for something to happen in the next 3 days....Any chance of that?

Seems like a lot of stuff (ie. Bedard and Roberts trades) was imminent until the Tejada trade, and now seems like it has slowed down. That could obviously all just be perception though.

I would hope that each might be dealt over the weekend. The Kuroda situation could be resolved today so that would leave only two teams in the Bedard chase, likely the Reds and Mariners. The Roberts trade should go down pretty soon as well. There were reports that he would be traded before Bedard. Is this still what people are hearing?

Would love for something to happen in the next 3 days....Any chance of that?

Seems like a lot of stuff (ie. Bedard and Roberts trades) was imminent until the Tejada trade, and now seems like it has slowed down. That could obviously all just be perception though.

picking back up.

I would hope that each might be dealt over the weekend. The Kuroda situation could be resolved today so that would leave only two teams in the Bedard chase, likely the Reds and Mariners. The Roberts trade should go down pretty soon as well. There were reports that he would be traded before Bedard. Is this still what people are hearing?

Their maybe a sleeper team

Archived