Mitchell Report circus has past, Now lets Move on

Peace21

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 cents:

There have been a few small moves, most notably recently the callaspo trade that happened today.

But the white sox also acquired Quentin in an attempt to put a package together for Cabrera. So that is a possiblity. I don't like the prospect of a Sox trade.

Looking at the callaspo trade they definitely freed something up, and with the signings KC has made it makes me think they want to make an all too foolish run at their division. Arizona is not a midwest team and I don't see them making this move to free up prospects for Bedard. We would almost assurdly be wanting Reynolds back and this move does the exact opposite of free him up.

It could also be a move the Orioles made, I would imagine this rather the case. I would not figure the Orioles would make a bullpen move until all their trades were done knowing they would get pitchers back. Aquino would free up a more reliable starter and we all know the reds love relief pitchers. though peace said it was a new team. So I doubt the reds

Bedard for Grienke, Butler, Gordon, and Lubanski.

Damn your good. I was thinking the same pieces and add a minor league LH like Lumsden & 2B Callaspo and for O's add Huff (to replace Butler at DH) & their choice Moore/Costanzo as a replacement for Gordon at 3B and you have a great deal for both teams. Moore/Costanzo are the small pieces that Peace may be talking about. We will not miss anyone but Bedard in that deal. Look at Grienke's walk numbers. They are excellent and AM puts value in that.

If you think that's fair, I fear you're in for a major disappointment.

Agreed. I don't think there's any way they are going to get those players for just Bedard. They'd actually be pretty dumb to be giving up young guys for a guy who will probably only be there 2 years.

Archived