vs RANGERS 8/21

Goober Noodles

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So then ... cmurter's post is irrelevant? Why even have a rule book?

Why are you asking me one question (you asked me if it mattered that the pitch was clearly a ball), and then referring to post about the rulebook stating that the balk is the umpire's judgement call ?

The umpires have clearly been inconsistent on this issue, as evidenced by them NOT calling a balk on Strop in the past, and calling one on him tonight in the same situation ....... and so Buck should make a complaint NOW, and get it straightened out, so there is no further confusion or debate when Strop is pitching in the future.

Why are you asking me one question (you asked me if it mattered that the pitch was clearly a ball), and then referring to post about the rulebook stating that the balk is the umpire's judgement call ?

The umpires have clearly been inconsistent on this issue, as evidenced by them NOT calling a balk on Strop in the past, and calling one on him tonight in the same situation ....... and so Buck should make a complaint NOW, and get it straightened out, so there is no further confusion or debate when Strop is pitching in the future.

In addition, the crux of the rule book excerpt posted earlier seems to be whether the batter is set or not. In both Gonzalez and tonight's cases the runner was in the box and clearly set. No idea where there is any gray area here.

Archived