Bartolo Colon fails drug test. subject to 50-game ban

Greg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm wondering what the downside for Colon was in taking steroids. He was probably out of baseball without them, so he got to play an extra year and a half and make millions of dollars. A fifty game suspension really means nothing to a player like that since he would've gotten nothing without steroids.

It makes me think the available penalty is much too weak and that a lot of players will continue to cheat without harsher punishments.

Yep. He's made $2.9 million the last two years after his "miracle" comeback. I'll bet he'll take the 50 days off and enjoy his money.

Yep. He's made $2.9 million the last two years after his "miracle" comeback. I'll bet he'll take the 50 days off and enjoy his money.

This is one of the holes in the testing. Players can retire. Do a couple of cycles, get stronger, then when they are clean on a test they contact teams for contracts. Then ride out the boost till it fades. Likely Colon was fading and went for a little pick me up.

This is one of the holes in the testing. Players can retire. Do a couple of cycles, get stronger, then when they are clean on a test they contact teams for contracts. Then ride out the boost till it fades. Likely Colon was fading and went for a little pick me up.

Remember Sammy Sosa? Couldnt hit a ball out of the infield. Retired. Came back for one final year with Texas. All boosted up.

I'm with the opening day starter for the O's back when OPACY opened....lets deport these cheats out of the country. They hurt the game of baseball....they come here on work visas and disgrace the profession.

This discussion was on ESPN radio this AM. They were talking about how 50 games isn't a big enough deterrent. I totally agree. The minimum penalty should be at least 100 games plus a fine equal to your full salary over that time...or more harsh.

This guy and Cabrera have both cheated the game in ways that directly affect pennant races. Fans in other cities are cheated because of them. I'll be p.o.'d beyond belief if we come in 3rd in the WC, 1 game behind Oakland.

Testosterone, apparently. Man, who knew that could be so effective.

Conte says that is what they are all using now, because only an idiot could get caught with T. Says it timed correctly, there is no way to detect it in a banned amount. Craig Calcaterra said it metabolizes quickly and naturally.

Conte says that is what they are all using now, because only an idiot could get caught with T. Says it timed correctly, there is no way to detect it in a banned amount. Craig Calcaterra said it metabolizes quickly and naturally.

Thanks, I was wondering why Testosterone, seemed like they were going back to the beginning and just didn't care. Did not realize it was easy to hide.

Hopefully the system is working to some extent and the abuse is not too widespread (agree with others that harsher penalties are needed however). Offense and specifically power is still down. No Barry Bonds video game numbers in sight.....

Archived