O's PLAYOFF TIX!! Greatest story ever!

OsShallreturn

I am sure there will be a secondary market. Or we will be outside the stadium anyway.

I guess that the route I'll have to go. I was hoping that my paid loyalty of 13 years to a terrible franchise would get me tickets to the entire playoffs when they finally made it but guess not!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how they sell tickets if there is a wild-card tie and there has to be an extra playoff game that wasn't scheduled in advance. There would basically be no time to send out advance tickets for that. Walk-up? That would be awesome.

There is no such thing. The wild card ties are determined by the regular season record against each other. There is absolutely no days available to play any additional games. This was gone over when they were voting on adding, because it is such a tight schedule.

There is no such thing. The wild card ties are determined by the regular season record against each other. There is absolutely no days available to play any additional games. This was gone over when they were voting on adding, because it is such a tight schedule.

This is unequivocally false.

I think the 13 game plan holders will get the tickets starting next week. The full and 29 game plan holders get them this week. You have until September 7th to order your tickets.The O's don't make the playoffs and you can use the funds for next years tickets or get a refund. The refunds won't go out till November.

I think the 13 game plan holders will get the tickets starting next week. The full and 29 game plan holders get them this week. You have until September 7th to order your tickets.The O's don't make the playoffs and you can use the funds for next years tickets or get a refund. The refunds won't go out till November.

Roughly how many people have: (1) an 81 game plan, (2) a 29-game plan, or (3) a 13-game plan? I'm assuming there are around 9-10,000 full plan holders.

I am with Daniel that it sucks you cant buy alll the playoff games...13 game plan holder for a while now and only get one measly game per series. Kind of stinks.

I think it makes pretty decent sense. Encourages people to buy full plans if they want to have first dips on tickets to every playoff game.

I think it makes pretty decent sense. Encourages people to buy full plans if they want to have first dips on tickets to every playoff game.

That's missing the point a bit. The point is that they are going to let a bunch of tickets go to general sale that could have gone to the people who have paid to support this POS franchise though the past 15 years.

That's missing the point a bit. The point is that they are going to let a bunch of tickets go to general sale that could have gone to the people who have paid to support this POS franchise though the past 15 years.

I don't think i'm missing the point at all. You purchased a 13 game plan, and you are able to purchase one ticket for every series, rewarding you for supporting the team. Had you purchased a full plan you could have had more. Maybe the team could come up with a creative idea to reward those that had supported the team over the past 14 seasons (or at least the last 5 year-after-year) due to the uniques circumstances, but I don't think their handling of the situation in this entirely logical manner points to them not rewarding loyal fans at all. There's a good chance that if every 13, 29, and full package were given ticket options for every game, then they wouldn't be able to accomodate everyone. I think this is an example of exactly what JimDH was referring to on page 2...

I predict there will be some real or imagined fumble in the way the Orioles handle the playoff tickets. And then the haters gonna hate. I am looking at you Nasty

I don't think i'm missing the point at all. You purchased a 13 game plan, and you are able to purchase one ticket for every series, rewarding you for supporting the team. Had you purchased a full plan you could have had more. Maybe the team could come up with a creative idea to reward those that had supported the team over the past 14 seasons (or at least the last 5 year-after-year) due to the uniques circumstances, but I don't think their handling of the situation in this entirely logical manner points to them not rewarding loyal fans at all. There's a good chance that if every 13, 29, and full package were given ticket options for every game, then they wouldn't be able to accomodate everyone. I think this is an example of exactly what JimDH was referring to on page 2...

I'm not sure about the wording of that article. Could we potentially all have this wrong? When it says "one ticket to each series" it seems like we are assuming it to mean that I get to purchase one ticket to one game in each series. To me, it would make more sense if the wording meant that as a 13 game plan holder I could purchase one ticket to the SERIES as a whole, per ticket in my 13 game plan.

For instance, let's say that the prevailing former opinion is correct. In the ALCS for instance, I could pick to go to game 7, which obviously might not even happen. Thus, I wouldn't even get a ticket for that series? That seems a little silly. All I'm asking for is the opportunity to purchase one ticket for each SERIES as a whole, anywhere in the stadium, per ticket in my 13-game plan. I'm not sure that I won't be able to. To me, the wording is ambiguous and I don't think anyone has confirmation yet.

Now, I completely understand that the people with larger season plans have the ability to purchase more tickets and are able to get them first. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I don't care at all where my seats are. I will not be upset in the slightest if I am not able to sit in my normal seats. I just feel that because I bought a plan throughout much of this horrendous streak of terribleness, I should at least be given the opportunity to get in the stadium for the entirety of the playoffs once they turn it around.

And this is not some knee-jerk anti-front office reaction. They have been begging people to get 13 game plans for a long time. I've had one. Yet, according to what seems to be the prevailing reading of the article, I have barely more access to tickets than Joe Smith who hasn't gone to a game for 13 years and decides that it would be fun to go to some playoff games.

I had a ticket agent from my 13 game plan that I had last year, and he emailed me saying that he would not plan on any playoff tickets going on "General Public" sale. He said if I wanted to reserve playoff tickets I would need to make a deposit for season tickets for next year.

Archived