Why are the Orioles games not sold out right now?

Diehard_O's_Fan

However, what is gonna piss me, and alot of us off, is when the dedicated, die hards like everyone on this site, can't get playoff tickets because suddenly 50 thousand people are filling the Park at playoff games. That's when this guy is gonna go ballistic!

I was thinking about this too. Attendance will definitely be fantastic next week, I think it will be Opening Day-esque atmosphere on Thursday for Cal and hopefully at least a slight majority for the O's the rest of the series. I'm coming down from NY for Thursday and am even considering going to a second game despite the upcharge and possibility of a miserable experience among pinstripes. But if the O's get in the playoffs, that's when the bandwagon will really fire up and all of a sudden tickets are hard to come by.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendance opening day 2012: 46k

Last weekend against the Jays: just shy of 26k for Friday's game, 25k for Saturday.

Last year we played a three game set in late August with Toronto on a Tuesday-Thursday with attendance at 10k, 14k, and 11k respectively. Another series in early August with Toronto drew 18k, 19k and 13k. And it was a weekend series.

People are coming. It's just not a flood yet.

Archived