Some stuff

bigbird

I'll surely be in the minority on this one, but IMO Ethier, Kershaw, Hu, and another pitcher is a very strong offer, and one that you guys should jump on.

And the rumored Reds deal is just about what I expected. These scenarios with Votto, Bailey/Cueto, and Hamilton/Encarnacion are just too rich.

Interesting about Mora.

It would be odd to see Roberts kept if everyone else goes.

Thanks for the update BB.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll surely be in the minority on this one, but IMO Ethier, Kershaw, Hu, and another pitcher is a very strong offer, and one that you guys should jump on.

And the rumored Reds deal is just about what I expected. These scenarios with Votto, Bailey/Cueto, and Hamilton/Encarnacion are just too rich.

Interesting about Mora.

I guess it depends on who the other pitcher is, but we need to start getting some position players back to fill in holes. I would take Ethier,LaRoche,Hu,McDonald. I just dont know where you play Ethier. Need to get a CF from somewhere unless they expand the trade to include Pierre.

Interesting about Mora.

I just don't think a team in our position should be basing a deal around a minor league pitcher. Its just too risky, and we have too many position player holes.

I wonder if the idea of dropping people of value off the 40 man roster has anything to do with not trading Roberts? If we end up with 3 or 4 for Bedard then it really starts to look like a log jam. Worthwhile pieces might have to be sacrificed lessening the value of whats acquired.

Worthwhile pieces like Fahey, Luis Hernandez, Fiorentino, etc?

We have lots of guys on our 40 man who we can get rid of if we need to. That shoul have no say in us making deals.

I just don't think a team in our position should be basing a deal around a minor league pitcher. Its just too risky, and we have too many position player holes.

Exactly.. Kemp/Jones/Votto should be the centerpiece of any potential trade with the three teams that have been mentioned.

Exactly.. Kemp/Jones/Votto should be the centerpiece of any potential trade with the three teams that have been mentioned.

Kemp

Jones

Votto.

I like Votto, but the reason we would deal with Cincy is because they can offer two legit position guys and a young pitcher. Votto isn't on the level of Kemp or Jones IMO.

I still think the Dodgers are the best place to deal Bedard, I just hope Kuroda goes to Seattle.

I wonder if the idea of dropping people of value off the 40 man roster has anything to do with not trading Roberts? If we end up with 3 or 4 for Bedard then it really starts to look like a log jam. Worthwhile pieces might have to be sacrificed lessening the value of whats acquired.

I expect at least 1-2 guys we get back will be minor leaguers who don't need to be on the 40 man. Although I dont really know all the rules. (ie. Kershaw wouldn't need to go on the 40 man, would he?)

It is interesting that Mora is pissed. Some thought that he and Tejada didn't get along, guess we know now that's false. Nice to see he wants out. I'm sure we can accomodate him...

Yea he should be PO that we got rid of a guy who was begging to leave! Everyone knew he was on the block except for Mora? Why are all of our players becoming crybabies?

Archived