Some stuff

bigbird

I prefer the Dodger deal first. Kemp could anchor CF for years to come.

The Reds deal would be nice also. Votto sounds like a solid run producer at 1st base, and Markakis definitely needs some protection in the lineup.

I'm also glad we are keeping Roberts. He's a gamer who adds star power to the team. That and the fact that I just bought my son an autographed Brian Roberts bat for Christmas!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The front office is very happy with the Tejada return. The feel Scott is a real sleeper and may well put up #s in excess of Miggy.

This is getting looked over, and rightfully so with the Bedard stuff, but I agree 100% with the FO. I really like Scott, and think we should definitely keep him and plug him into LF or DH next year.

I mean look at his numbers. His home/road splits are even, so he wasn't just a product of Minute Maid. His splits against lefties are actually pretty decent. I think if we let him be an everyday player he is a minimum .825 OPS guy, and I'm not so sure he doesn't blow up into the high .800's.

That Reds offer isn't worth even talking about.Either that, or that Chinese kid at SS better be another A-Rod.

As per the Dodgers, I'd expect the O's to go for Kershaw over Kemp if it's one or the other, plus Hu. This organization wants pitching and fielding.Not terribly sexy, but that's what wins for you in the long run.

The O's need to get a centerfielder here. Can Ethier play center?

Ok so according to the original post, the two offers right now are

REDS:

Homer Bailey

Josh Hamilton

Milton Loo

DODGERS:

Clayton Kershaw

Andre Ethier

Chin-Lung Hu

Prospect

All the other things aside, such as wanting Kemp/Votto/Jones, or them being essential to a trade, which im not arguing, of these two trades, if I had to take one, I would take the Dodgers package. Just putting my two cents in.

If the O's FO does pursue a trade with Kemp and not Kershaw, then what kind of pitching prospect can we get in return?? Is there anyone else besides Billingsley and Kershaw who are MLB ready?

McDonald and maybe Elbert depending how far along he is in Rehab.

Sorry, dyslexia...Missed the Dodger's deal.... My bad. And the info is much appreciated, too!!!!

Hu would be a great pick up. Ethier is yet another left handed hitting corner guy - could he be seen as part of another deal? Kershaw would be a nice addition to the minors, but not enough to drive the deal. We still need CF and I think the need is greater for position players. But we also need a guy who can pitch at the top of the rotation sooner than later. Who does the other pitcher look like?

I do not think Cincy has enough on the table yet.

Still felt Roberts was the most certain of the 3 BIG guys. Why the change?

If the O's FO does pursue a trade with Kemp and not Kershaw, then what kind of pitching prospect can we get in return?? Is there anyone else besides Billingsley and Kershaw who are MLB ready?

McDonald would be my #1 choice. Elbert might be another possibility but he's coming off of shoulder surgery.

If we can get Kershaw and McDonald to add to our pitching, we will be stacked in young pitching - probably the best depth in the majors. This would allow us to trade DCab, Penn, Olson etc.

Ok so according to the original post, the two offers right now are

REDS:

Homer Bailey

Josh Hamilton

Milton Loo

DODGERS:

Clayton Kershaw

Andre Ethier

Chin-Lung Hu

Prospect

All the other things aside, such as wanting Kemp/Votto/Jones, or them being essential to a trade, which im not arguing, of these two trades, if I had to take one, I would take the Dodgers package. Just putting my two cents in.

I'd take the Dodgers deal, especially if McDonald is the 4th piece. I didn't notice Hu on BB's deal there. We need a shortstop, and he's probably the best young SS available right now.

I have to be honest...I think the thing that disturbs me most about BB's post is that we might NOT trade Roberts now. If we were somehow able to get the Cubs to give us Pie and Gallagher, we'd be foolish not to do it. If this offer is on the table, and we don't take it, it would lead me to believe that big Pete is sticking his nose into things again.

I am asking on the Dodgers board now about what kind of defender Ethier is. Maybe they want to move Nick to CF?

No chance in hell we move Markakis.

Just can't see it happening. If we make that deal and Ethier can't play center (which I'm not sure if he can or not), then Ethier plays left, Scott DH's and we find a center fielder in another deal.

(Cough Pie in a Roberts deal Cough ;) )

Archived