Some stuff

bigbird

Why would you move the best young RF in AL to center? Not happening.

If Redman starts we can expect lots of 30 - 3 games. He breaks back on everything. Popup to SS, Redman is breaking back.

If necessary, bring Patterson back or sign a short-term FA.

You answered your own question.

You move Markakis to center because every permutation with him there is better than any with a Tike Redman type in CF instead.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am really not sure.

If we didn't have Scott, I think I take that deal if it is the best on the table.

The problem is, this pushes Scott or Ethier to the bench in all likelihood and thus, makes that player less valuable to us.

For me to make this deal for sure, I would need to know what else is going on.

Exactly Ethier is Scott so where do you put him?

:eek:

Read into this as little or as much as you want. This is what my guy told me today:

The front office is very happy with the Tejada return. The feel Scott is a real sleeper and may well put up #s in excess of Miggy. The young pitchers will not be rushed.

Everything is on hold with Bedard due to conflicting reports on where Kuroda will end up. Lots of reports that he's selected LA but last last evening reports started to surface that he's choosing the M's. Appears they may have gone a 4th year and Washington has no state income tax which placed another million per year in his pocket.

IF LA loses out on Kuroda, Bedard most likely will land there. In the package will be Kemp of Kershaw, not both. The front office may be leaning towards a package of Either, Kershaw, Hu, and another pitcher.

The current Reds offer for Bedard is said to be Bailey, Hamilton, and a shortstop prospect named Loo. Most likely they'll add a 4th player if the deal gets close.

Lots of concern over the SS position. We had an offer for the Astros SS but he choose the Twins.

He told me he doesn't think Roberts will get traded.

Mora was very, very upset about the Tejada trade. He'll mostly be gone even if we have to eat some contract.

Still looking at signing a closer type.

That's all folks!

BB Thanks, as always!

Does anyone think we could land Kemp and Billingsly for Bedard in a 2 for 1?

I think about it from both sides and from our side with the depth you got from the Tejada trade you have to start thinking about young cornerstone type players.

From their end, yes you are trading away your best two young players. But when your in a rare situation with this amount of young talent don't the dodgers also have to see a bright side to keeping Laroche, Either, Kershaw, and Hu.

In the end if that is the deal that goes down, if your the Dodgers you have to be happy with the deal itself and saying we are happier in this 4 for 1 deal than we would be in a 2 for 5 deal!

Being Dodgers get: Bedard, Hu, Laroche, Kershaw and Either

O's get: Kemp and Billingsly

Thoughts?

PS- not one person included Billingsly in their top ten young cornerstone players under 24 thread.:eek:

What it tells me is that Hendry doesn't want to include Pie, so he is trying to get AM to do something else.

Ultimately, if AM insists on Pie, he will get him.

At least, this is if what Peace is saying is correct.

I've got a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza that says Peace is wrong (he's putting up crabcakes).

You want in on that action SG?

Another quote about Ethier:

Ethier is a solid defensive corner outfield. He doesn't have the range to be an everyday player out in CF, but he can play if needed.

His arm is not spectacular, but solid. His fundamentals are solid.

Ethier is one of those players who doesn't look as impressive on the stat-line. But when you watch this guy swing and play, he's solid. He hit .330 from May to the end of August his rookie year, then kinda faded b/c of what he said was a shoulder injury. Kind of slumped last year, but I think he was getting around that phase where teams were adjusting to him.

He's a solid defender, though.

All this sounds just like Larry Bigbie his first couple of years.

Exactly Ethier is Scott so where do you put him?

I understand that Ethier and Scott together pose a dilemma, but to say Ethier is Scott is misleading.

Ethier is 4 years younger, and had better numbers last year, playing in a much harder park. Ethier also projects to be a very good hitter (.280-30 type guy). I know he's no Kemp, but he's definitely a step above Scott.

:eek:

BB Thanks, as always!

Does anyone think we could land Kemp and Billingsly for Bedard in a 2 for 1?

I think about it from both sides and from our side with the depth you got from the Tejada trade you have to start thinking about young cornerstone type players.

From their end, yes you are trading away your best two young players. But when your in a rare situation with this amount of young talent don't the dodgers also have to see a bright side to keeping Laroche, Either, Kershaw, and Hu.

In the end if that is the deal that goes down, if your the Dodgers you have to be happy with the deal itself and saying we are happier in this 4 for 1 deal than we would be in a 2 for 5 deal!

Being Dodgers get: Bedard, Hu, Laroche, Kershaw and Either

O's get: Kemp and Billingsly

Thoughts?

PS- not one person included Billingsly in their top ten young cornerstone players under 24 thread.:eek:

I will go ahead and say there is exactly 0% chance the Dodgers trade Billingsley. None.

Are you a lawyer? Nice try using the logic that technically by keeping 4 of their prospects they are getting them in the trade. Dodgers certainly won't see it like that.

What it tells me is that Hendry doesn't want to include Pie, so he is trying to get AM to do something else.

Ultimately, if AM insists on Pie, he will get him.

At least, this is if what Peace is saying is correct.

I've got a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza that says Peace is wrong (he's putting up crabcakes).

You want in on that action SG?

Can I get in on this too?

Archived