Os acquire Saunders.

gallden

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feelings about this. It's good to have some starting pitching depth, and I think Lindstrom is not quite as good as his 2.72 ERA suggests. However, I don't like losing the bullpen depth. We've lost Neshek, Socolovich and now Lindstrom in the last few weeks and suddenly Buck won't have as many options in September as I thought he had. On the other hand, you can stick Hunter and Arrieta in the pen for September and probably not miss Lindstrom too much. And, he was due to make a lot of money next year (choice of exercising a $4 mm option or buying him out for $200k and then offering arbitration with a minimum offer of $2.88 mm). On balance, for September Saunder probably is a more useful asset than Lindstrom.

Kind of sucks for Lindstrom to get traded away from a team in the race.

I wish there would be just one DD trade where it was clear the Orioles benefitted. It seems like every time we have to talk ourselves into believing that it's not horrible. Any time I hear we aquire anyone I get scared just waiting to find out what DD gave up. I would much rather have Lindstrom still in the pen and run out anyone but Hunter for the rotation spot.

Mixed feelings about this. It's good to have some starting pitching depth, and I think Lindstrom is not quite as good as his 2.72 ERA suggests. However, I don't like losing the bullpen depth. We've lost Neshek, Socolovich and now Lindstrom in the last few weeks and suddenly Buck won't have as many options in September as I thought he had. On the other hand, you can stick Hunter and Arrieta in the pen for September and probably not miss Lindstrom too much. And, he was due to make a lot of money next year (choice of exercising a $4 mm option or buying him out for $200k and then offering arbitration with a minimum offer of $2.88 mm). On balance, for September Saunder probably is a more useful asset than Lindstrom.

Kind of sucks for Lindstrom to get traded away from a team in the race.

This is how I feel also.

Archived