Who is your Orioles MVP this year?

Moose Milligan

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of potential candidates but no one really stands out.

If forced to choose I would go with Jim Johnson. The strength of this team has been the bullpen, and Johnson is the anchor of the bullpen. Take away 2 very bad outings in which he gave up 11 runs in 0.2 IP and his numbers are ridiculous.

I'm sure the WARlords will not like that answer, but I'll take him as my MVP.

Lots of potential candidates but no one really stands out.

If forced to choose I would go with Jim Johnson. The strength of this team has been the bullpen, and Johnson is the anchor of the bullpen. Take away 2 very bad outings in which he gave up 11 runs in 0.2 IP and his numbers are ridiculous.

I'm sure the WARlords will not like that answer, but I'll take him as my MVP.

So you don't think that Strop could do pretty much what JJ has done this season? Because he has, just in the 8th not the 9th.

How do you get that from what he wrote? Giving Johnson his due doesn't have to be perceived as a slight to Strop, who has also been valuable.

That isn't the point I was making. How can JJ be the MVP when Strop could give you close to the same performance if he was in the same role?

Johnson to me has been a fine bullpen arm this season but so have a number of other guys, he shouldn't be the MVP solely based on the roles assigned by Buck.

If you eliminate saves from the equation what is there about JJ's numbers that elevate him from the rest of the bullpen?

Archived