Dan Haren Traded to Dbacks--When is Bedard Going??

micahl69

That's nothing compared to 5 players for Tejada :D

Bedard might get us eleventeen!!!

I really dont care if we get 5 players, or 3 players, etc.

All I'm looking for in a Bedard deal is VALUE.

That's why an offer for Bruce may trump every other deal.

Right now, these are the Bedard deals I would make:

Bedard, Mora/Huff to LAD for Kemp, Laroche, Hu, McDonald/Elbert

(maybe we could also swap Bradford/Walker for Meloan)

Bedard, Payton to SEA for Jones, Triunfel, Balentien/Clement

Bedard, Bradford/Walker to CIN for Cueto/Bailey, Stubbs, Phillips, Encarnacion

On a sidenote, has anyone heard if the BoSox were still trying to sign Lamb right before he did so with the Twins? The Sox might be a possible suitor for Huff since they were looking to add a corner infielder.

Nowhere have I seen Phillips as available---nowhere.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course we fans aren't comfortable; the D-Backs just got one of the best SPs in the AL. They did, however, deal their all-star closer for a utility guy and a solid, but not spectacular RP. So who knows?

Dealing Valverde was the quintessential "sell high" move. I think the DBacks made a very good trade there.

Welcome to the board.

Of course we fans aren't comfortable; the D-Backs just got one of the best SPs in the AL. They did, however, deal their all-star closer for a utility guy and a solid, but not spectacular RP. So who knows?

Hey thanks for coming over and joining us! Careful all this AL talk can be addictive!

Just remember closers are often easy to replace!

Hey thanks for coming over and joining us! Careful all this AL talk can be addictive!

Just remember closers are often easy to replace!

True, but Valverde had one hell of a season in 2007... so much so he finished 6th in the Cy Young voting and 14th in MVP. If they feel comfortable with Lyon and Qualls on the back end, then more power to them.

Link

All indications are the Dodgers are going to nab Kuroda, which would all but kill a Bedard deal... for now. Penny, Lowe, Billingsley, Kuroda, Schmidt, Loaiza = Six SPs, not a whole lot of room for Bedard. Not that I wouldn't love to have Bedard in Blue, I just don't want the Dodgers to pay the going rate (it seems every team asks for better quality prospects when talking trade with the Dodgers than they do with other teams) -- i.e. Kemp/Kershaw.

Of course, if the asking price comes down (not likely), I'm sure Colletti would find a way to land Bedard. Lord knows I don't want to see Esteban Loaiza making starts every fifth day for the Dodgers.

If Schmidt returns to at least a shell of a his former self, the Dodgers could have the best 1-4 in baseball.

The D-Backs got a steal with Haren. They gave quantity over quality and Oakland bit, to rebuild its farm system.

It would be nice to see if the Reds were actually serious but I think the loser between Dodgers and M's goes hard and fast after Bedard.

Yeah. I can see the Mariners landing him. They have a solid package of players to offer.

The Reds surely aren't moving Bruce, but a Bailey/Cueto, Votto, more pacakge would be awfully tough to beat.

Hello. Friendly neighborhood Reds fan here.

The return for Haren may not be good for the O's. There wasn't a single player dealt by the D'Backs that has the kind of MLB or MLB-ready status as the Reds' prospects I've seen mentioned here; including Bailey, Bruce, Votto, Cueto, Hamilton, and Encarnacion.

What the A's did was accept a mid-range "quality of quantity" from the D'Backs. That's cool, because the players given up project to be serviceable, but almost all are quite a bit further off from the Show than are the top tier of Reds' prospects. That would likely limit an offer from the Reds to potentially less than what I initially figured- a high-level pitcher (Bailey or Cueto) and hitter (Hamilton or Votto) and a single low-level prospect who projects well.

BTW, I've read the reports about Milton Loo allegedly being offered. I don't think that could happen, nor do I think Wayne Krivsky would actually include his name in a deal. Loo was a "draft-and-follow" guy who, allegedly, got homesick and then just quit prior to last season. Not that I question the credibility of the O's insider who brought up Loo's name via his source, but I can't see Krivsky trying to pimp a player who didn't play last season in any trade- much less for someone like Erik Bedard. Considering the issues, if I were a GM, I wouldn't want Milton Loo on my team and I sure wouldn't offer him to another.

Hello. Friendly neighborhood Reds fan here.

The return for Haren may not be good for the O's. There wasn't a single player dealt by the D'Backs that has the kind of MLB or MLB-ready status as the Reds' prospects I've seen mentioned here; including Bailey, Bruce, Votto, Cueto, Hamilton, and Encarnacion.

What the A's did was accept a mid-range "quality of quantity" from the D'Backs. That's cool, because the players given up project to be serviceable, but almost all are quite a bit further off from the Show than are the top tier of Reds' prospects. That would likely limit an offer from the Reds to potentially less than what I initially figured- a high-level pitcher (Bailey or Cueto) and hitter (Hamilton or Votto) and a single low-level prospect who projects well.

BTW, I've read the reports about Milton Loo allegedly being offered. I don't think that could happen, nor do I think Wayne Krivsky would actually include his name in a deal. Loo was a "draft-and-follow" guy who, allegedly, got homesick and then just quit prior to last season. Not that I question the credibility of the O's insider who brought up Loo's name via his source, but I can't see Krivsky trying to pimp a player who didn't play last season in any trade- much less for someone like Erik Bedard. Considering the issues, if I were a GM, I wouldn't want Milton Loo on my team and I sure wouldn't offer him to another.

I agree to a point, but you have to remember it was still 6 guys and 4 of their top 10. The A's basically took the whole farm system away.

I think from the Reds or Dodgers or even M's because the talent is higher and more ML ready I only look for 3 players coming back.

That's nothing compared to 5 players for Tejada :D

Bedard might get us eleventeen!!!

I really dont care if we get 5 players, or 3 players, etc.

All I'm looking for in a Bedard deal is VALUE.

That's why an offer for Bruce may trump every other deal.

Right now, these are the Bedard deals I would make:

Bedard, Mora/Huff to LAD for Kemp, Laroche, Hu, McDonald/Elbert

(maybe we could also swap Bradford/Walker for Meloan)

Bedard, Payton to SEA for Jones, Triunfel, Balentien/Clement

Bedard, Bradford/Walker to CIN for Cueto/Bailey, Stubbs, Phillips, Encarnacion

On a sidenote, has anyone heard if the BoSox were still trying to sign Lamb right before he did so with the Twins? The Sox might be a possible suitor for Huff since they were looking to add a corner infielder.

I would actually look for an Bedard, Bradford/Walker to CIN for Bailey, Votto , Encarnacion, stubbs and Hamilton.

or Bedard and Mora/Bradford/Walker to the Dodgers for Kemp, Laroche, Kershaw and HU.

Then trade Roberts to the Cubs for Gallagher, Epat, Cedeno.

Kemp and Kershaw?! Not a chance.

After the Haren Trade this is more than possible. That set the bench mark the orioles should get at least 3 to 4 of their top prospects.

After that trade the dodgers might press for Bedard and if Haren was traded for that much, Bedard being a better pitcher should net a better return.

There is a chance!

Thanks NoVaO, and Farm System. This could be another reason why they were able to bring in such a good haul for him. He'll be affordable for an extra season.

You'd have to wonder if the Dodgers are willing to give in a little now. I'd like to see us get Kershaw, Hu, and LaRoche. I'd like to see us get McDonald as well....but I'd settle for those 3 guys.

My thoughts exactly. My hunch is that the Dodgers would agree right now to Kershaw, Hu, and LaRoche, but the O's are insisting on a 4th guy - like McDonald. And Kuroda is the poker chip. If the O's believe the Dodgers are going to get him, they've got to say yes right away to Kershaw, Hu, and LaRoche. But McPhail playing poker and betting they won't sign him. He's thinking - go for the full house, but if he doesn't get it, he can fall back on a flush.

After the Haren Trade this is more than possible. That set the bench mark the orioles should get at least 3 to 4 of their top prospects.

After that trade the dodgers might press for Bedard and if Haren was traded for that much, Bedard being a better pitcher should net a better return.

There is a chance!

There isnt a chance. I am still not sure there is a chance for Kemp.

Archived