Dan Haren Traded to Dbacks--When is Bedard Going??

micahl69

There isnt a chance. I am still not sure there is a chance for Kemp.

I would agree. I don't think the Dodgers are trading Kemp at this point.

Now...I'm wondering if we could get Loney if we included Huff? I don't know how much Torre likes Huff, but he could replace Loney at first, and we could get Loney back in the deal instead of Kemp.

Maybe Bedard and Huff for Loney, Hu, McDonald, and Meloan?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's nothing compared to 5 players for Tejada :D

Bedard might get us eleventeen!!!

I really dont care if we get 5 players, or 3 players, etc.

All I'm looking for in a Bedard deal is VALUE.

That's why an offer for Bruce may trump every other deal.

Right now, these are the Bedard deals I would make:

Bedard, Mora/Huff to LAD for Kemp, Laroche, Hu, McDonald/Elbert

(maybe we could also swap Bradford/Walker for Meloan)

Bedard, Payton to SEA for Jones, Triunfel, Balentien/Clement

Bedard, Bradford/Walker to CIN for Cueto/Bailey, Stubbs, Phillips, Encarnacion

On a sidenote, has anyone heard if the BoSox were still trying to sign Lamb right before he did so with the Twins? The Sox might be a possible suitor for Huff since they were looking to add a corner infielder.

The last thing the Dodgers want is an overpriced mediocre 3B in Mora or Huff...

If the Dodgers are forced to take either one of those players the Orioles will need to take the entire Pierre contract back and replace Kemp with Kershaw.

It is highly unlikely that the Dodgers will move Kemp in any deal at this point in time.

I think the best we can get from the Dodgers for Bedard (and this is if everything goes our way and they decide they have to have him) is Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu and Meloan. And that's a deal we should jump all over if it ever comes up.

You are right on the money with the top deal the Dodgers would do. I think the Dodgers would try and push Ethier over LaRoche because they have an extra OF and LaRoche should be penciled in at 3B to start 2008, but the O's really do not need Ethier, they could spin him off to the Brewers for a young starting pitcher.

However, getting three of the Dodgers top ten prospects, including the top left-handed starting pitching prospect in baseball is a really nice haul...

I would agree. I don't think the Dodgers are trading Kemp at this point.

Now...I'm wondering if we could get Loney if we included Huff? I don't know how much Torre likes Huff, but he could replace Loney at first, and we could get Loney back in the deal instead of Kemp.

Maybe Bedard and Huff for Loney, Hu, McDonald, and Meloan?

Loney is by no means available. Most Dodgers fans would be upset at a one for one swap of Loney for Bedard.

Loney is by no means available. Most Dodgers fans would be upset at a one for one swap of Loney for Bedard.

Good morning Roncey and thank you for joining us as well. I think Kershaw,LaRoche, Hu, Meloan is the perfect deal for the Orioles as it fill the holes we need filled. I also agree that the Dodgers may need LaRoche as they already have their own overpaid overaged 3rd baseman already there. The problem is when we got Luke Scott we lost the need for Ethier even though I think he is the better player. If the Orioles are to back off Kemp I cant see them doing the deal without LaRoche because Kershaw isnt ML ready just yet.

AM is not going to be fleeced by the Dodgers. He'll keep him first. I realize it is hard for a Dodger fan to part with Kemp, Kershaw, and another prospect. But that is the price for the 2nd best pitcher in the AL. I hope we do keep Bedard. I love watching him pitch. Fastball in,out then that unhittable curve ball for strike 3. I wonder if Dodger fans years ago would have traded Sandy Koufax for 3 prospects?

AM is not going to be fleeced by the Dodgers. He'll keep him first. I realize it is hard for a Dodger fan to part with Kemp, Kershaw, and another prospect. But that is the price for the 2nd best pitcher in the AL. I hope we do keep Bedard. I love watching him pitch. Fastball in,out then that unhittable curve ball for strike 3. I wonder if Dodger fans years ago would have traded Sandy Koufax for 3 prospects?

I must have missed when Bedard became Sandy Koufax! :confused:

Kemp and Kershaw isnt realistic and the Dodgers wont have to go that high to have the best deal on the table.

I think at this point, I'd have to tell the Dodgers "thanks, but no thanks", get other offers together, then go back to them one last time. Of course, that's probably what we are doing...so what do I know? :o

I'm dying to know who the "mystery" team is, though. Could it be Cleveland? I've noticed that they have had interest. I wonder if they are thinking about getting Peralta back now that Miggy is gone?

I think at this point, I'd have to tell the Dodgers "thanks, but no thanks", get other offers together, then go back to them one last time. Of course, that's probably what we are doing...so what do I know? :o

I'm dying to know who the "mystery" team is, though. Could it be Cleveland? I've noticed that they have had interest. I wonder if they are thinking about getting Peralta back now that Miggy is gone?

Cleveland is who I keep thinking as well. They were hot after Haren but havent heard anything about them going for Bedard.

I agree to a point, but you have to remember it was still 6 guys and 4 of their top 10. The A's basically took the whole farm system away.

I think from the Reds or Dodgers or even M's because the talent is higher and more ML ready I only look for 3 players coming back.

I think we're close. However, there are a couple fairly important items. While I really like Bedard, I consider Haren to be the more valuable of the two. We can't overlook the 25 to 40 additional Innings per season Haren may end up working. That bridges any performance gap that might exist between Haren/Bedard. Secondly, Haren's 2010 option offers an additional year of team control, which likely produced at least one to two of the players coming back from the D-Backs.

I wouldn't trade a package including two of Homer Bailey/Johnny Cueto and Josh Hamilton/Joey Votto for what the A's received for Haren. Yes, that package included a good deal of the Arizona top 10 list, but the top of the Reds list sits at a much higher level than the top of the Arizona list. At this point, I'm down to one of those guys and others from a list of Todd Frazier, Danny Dorn, Matt Maloney, Drew Stubbs, Adam Rosales, Travis Wood, Josh Roenicke, Ty Pelland, etc. If pushed, I might offer two from the primary list and one low-level guy.

I'm not saying the O's would or even should accept that, but if they didn't I'd push my "window" expectation back to 2009 (which is more realistic anyway, IMHO) if I'm the Reds and hope that the players I kept can manifest their talents at the MLB level by then. Either that, or I switch my targets to cheaper shorter-term impact arms (A.J. Burnett), still-useful lesser talents (Joe Blanton), or even potential breakout arms from teams who desperately need an influx of offense (like San Francisco).

I would actually look for an Bedard, Bradford/Walker to CIN for Bailey, Votto , Encarnacion, stubbs and Hamilton.or Bedard and Mora/Bradford/Walker to the Dodgers for Kemp, Laroche, Kershaw and HU.

Then trade Roberts to the Cubs for Gallagher, Epat, Cedeno.

Do you really think that is realistic ?

The Reds are going to give up 3 of their top prospects, their starting 3B and their starting CF ?

Rumor has it that they have offered Bailey and Votto. Maybe you can squeeze another player out of them (STubbs ?) but no way does adding Walker net you Encarnacion and Hamilton.

No way is LA giving us Kershaw and Kemp unless we are giving them back Markakis.

Archived