vs. WHITE SOX 8/28

OFFNY

I'm curious: were those runs earned against Sale? ESPN says so. But they came after a 2-out error, so shouldn't they be unearned?
I'd imagine not, since the error allowed Nate to take third...and the walks would have put him there anyway.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The error put McLouth on third, but after that, it was all Sale. And probably since the run would have scored from 2nd on that double it wouldn't matter.
Seeing as the error was not on a play that "should" have resulted in an out, i dont think so
The error didn't change the inning, so it's not a factor.
The error came on a steal attempt, so it doesn't matter. It just gave McLouth third base instead of second, and he would've ended up there anyway because Sale walked the next two hitters.

Damn, thanks all. I was hoping we'd win this game without my fantasy team getting massacred.

Looks like Tillman thinks a 3 run lead is too much and is planning to give a couple back..

How does one walk equate to giving a couple of runs back? Are we really to the point where a pitcher has to give up no baserunners at all in order for people to have a little confidence in them?

Archived