Jones just called out the FANS

Greg

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spare me James. If Jones is gonna "tweet" things, then he should expect retorts. The fact of the matter is millionaires have NO clue about the struggles that normal people go through, and thus they should be making NO statements about who is or isn't in the crowd!

Oh good Lord...drop the martyr act. Which group of people do you think he was talking about: the group that can afford a $20-60 ticket to the game and isn't going or the group that is struggling to pay their bills and care for their family?

I mean really? There are over 2.5 million people in the Baltimore metro area...there has to be at least 25,000 people that can afford to go to a game.

You got me there. The bike our daughter wanted for her birthday wasn't a necessity, neither was the video game our son wanted for his. Next year were cancelling Christmas and Birthdays for the kids, and using that to go watch the Orioles. I could spare a few dollars to see a game, but its about putting priorities first, and being able to sleep at night knowing my bills are paid and my kids are provided for. Everyone has different priorities. Most people talk about how cheap a single ticket is, i can only assume they don't have kids. Priorities become different when you want what's best for them.

Please don't preach to me about priorities. I have them as well. I have a job. I'm a homeowner. I have a wife (well in 2 weeks). You can do with your money what you wish. There were just people claiming that they basically had no residual income and all of their money was going to needs, and that was why they couldn't attend games. I just was wondering how true that really was.

First of all, baseball doesn't sell its self. The Orioles need to take advantage of whats going on right now and market the hell out of it. I see nothing creative, marketing wise, going on right now with the team. They need to stop blaming the customers for the lack of sales and blame themselves. When car salesman fail to sell cars, the managers dont blame the customer, they fire the salesman.

With that being said, I have been to a few games and will go to a few more. I don't need to be sold to, because I am a die hard...we only account for about 12k a night.

I haven't read through the previous 14 pages so im not sure if this has been discussed.

Some of you people kill me. Just because WE are diehard Orioles fans who choose to spend money on the Birds doesn't mean that there are many of us left in the area. And the ones getting pissed at those of us giving good reasons why people aren't going to games are really starting to tick me off. Nobody on here knows what goes on in other people's homes, so give it a rest!!!

If anything, what this attendance shows is that Angelos and the last 14 years have severly injured this fanbase.

Screw you dude. Seriously. One, internet access is quickly becoming a necessity in the modern world, as is a computer.

Don't believe me? Try taking a class anywhere without reliable access to either.

Problems are problems and choices are choices. Each our are own so cut the sanctimonious bull.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

For one i got an eighty year old mother who has never had the internet and she gets along just find. For another I have a twenty year old son who goes to college and hasn't had to take on line classes, but i will bow to you king james mister know it all.

I love Adam Jones as a ball player and he seems to be a nice guy , but this the kind of garbage I hate reading. This year I have only been able to take my kids out to the ballpark once , these guy's have to get that your average person can't afford to go 10 times or more a year. I get they want the fans to get behind them for the stretch run , but calling them out won't help bring them out

Archived