Jones just called out the FANS

Greg

Let's see, should I pay far out the ass for parking, tickets, food, and alcohol, cut through traffic in and out of the stadium, for the chance that I'll watch them get stomped.

Or should I sit at home on my nice comfy couch, in front of the flat screen TV which practically takes up the entire wall, offers me a good view of everything, with my whiskeys on the rocks (keep 'em comin'!) and whatever food I feel like ordering or cooking for about 1/15th the cost in total.

Oh and don't bother trying to quantify my fandom. I sat through 30-3 and stayed for THE NEXT GAME (remember it was a doubleheader of all things), I've been to at least one game every year since I was 10 despite living in New Jersey, I wore my O's gear through highschool like a crip wearing his colors on blood territory, I'm just as big a fan as anyone who didn't invest thousands of dollars to start OriolesHangout.com. And you know what I'm happy with that silver medal.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see, should I pay far out the ass for parking, tickets, food, and alcohol, cut through traffic in and out of the stadium, for the chance that I'll watch them get stomped.

Or should I sit at home on my nice comfy couch, in front of the flat screen TV which practically takes up the entire wall, offers me a good view of everything, with my whiskeys on the rocks (keep 'em comin'!) and whatever food I feel like ordering or cooking for about 1/15th the cost in total.

Oh and don't bother trying to quantify my fandom. I sat through 30-3 and stayed for THE NEXT GAME (remember it was a doubleheader of all things), I've been to at least one game every year since I was 10 despite living in New Jersey, I wore my O's gear through highschool like a crip wearing his colors on blood territory, I'm just as big a fan as anyone who didn't invest thousands of dollars to start OriolesHangout.com. And you know what I'm happy with that silver medal.

We need more fans like you when the playoffs roll around.

If it makes Jones feel any better, I'm a Ravens fan, but I've never been to a Ravens game and I don't really have any plans to ever go to one. It's a lot easier to watch them from home. I will however, keep coming to O's games, win or lose. Not sure how many, but more than zero.

Why is anyone offended? If you go to the games, he's not talking to you. If you live 3 hours away or don't have the cash, he's not talking to you either...

Do you realize how many people live in the Baltimore Metro area, not to mention the fans on the Maryland side of DC...

You all realize that the O's weren't this good from the day OPACY opened until the 1995 season right? So for years every single game was sold out, bad games and all...and many of those people were the ones who worked downtown and went to the game before going home.

Adam is calling out the casual fans...not you (anyone reading this on OH)...and to be honest, I think it's great.

I alreadyy have tix for the 30th and have decided to also go on the 13th....

It is gonna take time for fans to believe I am pretty sure everyone including most of us are just holding our breathe to see if we go on a ten game skid..... keep winning and the fans will come. I for sure have been tuning in far more then ever.

Why is anyone offended? If you go to the games, he's not talking to you. If you live 3 hours away or don't have the cash, he's not talking to you either...

Do you realize how many people live in the Baltimore Metro area, not to mention the fans on the Maryland side of DC...

You all realize that the O's weren't this good from the day OPACY opened until the 1995 season right? So for years every single game was sold out, bad games and all...and many of those people were the ones who worked downtown and went to the game before going home.

Adam is calling out the casual fans...not you (anyone reading this on OH)...and to be honest, I think it's great.

The Orioles were this good from 1992-1994.

At least 20 in Baltimore, 1 in Boston and one in NYC on Saturday. Parking is free along Leadenhall and Ostend.
Good for you for having the cash.

Yeah. FLOATER, will you buy me a Gatorade when I come to OPACY for the 3 games against the Red Sox in late September ??? .:laughlol:

Yeah. FLOATER, will you buy me a Gatorade when I come to OPACY for the 3 games against the Red Sox in late September ??? .:laughlol:

I aim for cheap tickets and stand out on the Flag Court. I've never paid more than 20 bucks for tickets to any of the games I've been to.

I aim for cheap tickets and stand out on the Flag Court. I've never paid more than 20 bucks for tickets to any of the games I've been to.

I hear you. When I've gone on STUB-HUB, I've actually gotten tickets for as cheap as 50 cents for games at Yankee Stadium when the Orioles were in town.

Now that the Orioles are a considerably better team, they are up to about 5 or 6 bucks over there now.

I had 4 seats for the 13 game ticket plan since "The Yard" opened every year but this year. I don't have the extra money to spend right now and it's stressing me out. I need my house so that's where all the money goes for me and my wife.

Archived