Bobby V Appreciation Thread

Goober Noodles

Bobby Valentine was asked today by ESPN why the O's have been so good despite their negative run differential. His response?

"Lucky."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8324444

The rest of his speech was about as eloquent as you would expect. We truly dodged a train destined to derail with this guy. Good lord, what a loser. 20-2. Guess the the A's were lucky eh?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bobby Valentine was asked today by ESPN why the O's have been so good despite their negative run differential. His response?

"Lucky."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8324444

The rest of his speech was about as eloquent as you would expect. We truly dodged a train destined to derail with this guy. Good lord, what a loser. 20-2. Guess the the A's were lucky eh?

Nah. The A's have a +run differential! And if they didn't, they sure do after tonight!

He's an egomaniac who's always wanted as much of the spotlight as his players as evidenced by his little stunt when he managed the Mets and put on a disguise after being thrown out so he could stay in the dugout. What a jerk. Could you ever imagine Buck doing something like that? I don't always agree with Buck but there's no questioning his integrity and I'm glad Valentine is where he is.

It is better to be lucky, than to be a (jerk).

He is just toeing the ESPN company line, that way he'll fit right back in after the season. I would argue that he has been the lucky one, lucky Boston traded away a bunch pf players and don't want too attract anymore negative press at the moment.

Weeeelll, Jose Cruz Jr. doesn't think so. He said the Orioles are going to win the division, because of their "hot pitching".. Though that was kind of bold for an ESPN analyst. I also thought Buck's response to Valentine's remarks was pretty tentative. I would have expected a few cheap shots, at least :angryfire:

Archived