vs. BLUE JAYS 9/04

OFFNY

Agreed, the number four hitter should be able to get that runner in. too many fouled off pitches and too many big swings. It's not the end of the world and the last pitch was a nice changeup under the hands, but you expect your number four hitter against a guy like Vill to get that runner in with one out.

Yep exactly.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long does it take to close the dome? More than thirty minutes?

It usually took between 30 and 45 minutes to close Exhibition Stadium in Toronto when the Blue Jays played there. That's what they said on WPIX when I used to watch them play the Yankees back then.

I don't know about this one.

Agreed, the number four hitter should be able to get that runner in. too many fouled off pitches and too many big swings. It's not the end of the world and the last pitch was a nice changeup under the hands, but you expect your number four hitter against a guy like Vill to get that runner in with one out.
Jones should not be a #4 hitter any more than Hardy should be a #2.

I feel for Girardi, if I looked like a monkey and people were starting to put it together that I wasn't that good of a manager I'd be pissed too.

He's a pretty bad manager. I mean everyone could see Huhges was gassed after giving up 2 hits and a walk. And then you let him stay in there for Reynolds who hit a HR off him earlier. Bad, bad decision. Though I have no problem with it :D

It usually took between 30 and 45 minutes to close Exhibition Stadium in Toronto when the Blue Jays played there. That's what they said on WPIX when I used to watch them play the Yankees back then.

I don't know about this one.

Oh, my bad on this. Did Exhibition Stadium even have a dome ??? I may have mixed it up with another stadium. :o

Archived