First place!!!!

Moose Milligan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its interesting that many pundits are now saying the Yanks will still win the division because of their easy schedule over the last 9 games (Min, Tor, Bos), but they rather conveniently ignore the fact that the O's play 13 of their final 16 games against teams with losing records (Tor 4, Bos 6, Sea 3).

After tomorrow, the O's have a tough 10 game stretch (NY 4, TB 3, Oak 3), but if they can survive that, they'll have nearly two weeks to build momentum before the final series against the Rays.

I think its interesting that many pundits are now saying the Yanks will still win the division because of their easy schedule over the last 9 games (Min, Tor, Bos), but they rather conveniently ignore the fact that the O's play 13 of their final 16 games against teams with losing records (Tor 4, Bos 6, Sea 3).

After tomorrow, the O's have a tough 10 game stretch (NY 4, TB 3, Oak 3), but if they can survive that, they'll have nearly two weeks to build momentum before the final series against the Rays.

The division could come down to the last game of the season against the Rays. Holy cow.

I just keep surfing back to the MLB standings page and staring at Baltimore Orioles in 1st place. Then I go away and then I click back to it and stare at it some more!

As soon as the Yankee game ended, facebook blew up with people posting the standings. You gotta love relevant September baseball and being the center of attention right now. On Baseball Today they made a statement along the lines that if they received 100 emails, maybe 98 of them are about the O's.

The division could come down to the last game of the season against the Rays. Holy cow.

<<<<< Lives in Tampa. My father is already planning on flying out for the Rays series and we'll be in the park for sure if the O's are still in contention.

Can't think of too many things better than being at the division clinching game for the O's, but I'll be honest, I hope the Rays games are meaningless because the O's come into town with a 4 game lead over the Yanks and Rays!

As soon as the Yankee game ended, facebook blew up with people posting the standings. You gotta love relevant September baseball and being the center of attention right now. On Baseball Today they made a statement along the lines that if they received 100 emails, maybe 98 of them are about the O's.

Olney is making an interesting comparison to the O's in all his interviews. He's saying we're like the #14 seed that makes it to the final four and has no pressure because no one expected them to be there.

I think this is pretty apt. The O's simply look like the best team on the field in almost every game they play and this has been going on for a full month. Every other team looks stressed, but the O's look like they are just having fun and hustling. It's a good time to be an O's fan for sure.

Wile%2BE%2BCoyote%2Bcatches%2BRoad%2BRunner%2B3.jpg

I didn't think that we could catch them. I really didn't. When we were 10 back, I thought we'd be fighting for the Wild Card.

But nope. Here we are. Our destiny is completely in our hands now. We've got literally everything working right now. The lineup is producing, the starting pitching has been fantastic, the bull pen is lights out, and our best pitcher is coming off the DL soon. There's no reason that the Orioles can't finish the year in first place.

I'm thrilled that I got to be here in Toronto for us to catch them. Blue Jays fans were congratulating me about it (Canadians really are THAT friendly). They want us to take the division down (and there are a surprisingly large amount of O's fans up here).

So, why not? Keep the train rolling and earn that home field in the first round. This whole year has been amazing. Let's do what no one thinks we can do. Let's take this division down.

Archived