Pray for Nick

Moose Milligan

I didn't see anyone mentioning it in here even though it's kind of old... I must be missing a discussion somewhere but anyway, apparently he might be back in four.

"They said the surgery should actually knock off three weeks of recovery, so hopefully we are looking at somewhere around four weeks," said Markakis, who added that a T-plate would be inserted into his thumb. "It is good news and bad news. I'm just going to go ahead and get it done and just get it out of the way."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nick-markakis-injury-0910-20120909,0,5658887.story

Markakis admitted that he didn't like the idea of having his third surgery this calendar year — he had offseason abdominal surgery and then surgery to remove a fractured piece of his hamate bone in his right wright — but the idea of possibly returning to the team if they played deep into October was worth it. The surgery will be performed by Dr. Brian Schofield, the same doctor that did his right wrist surgery in June.

It would be great if the O's made the postseason and Nick was back in time to contribute something.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild Card game is currently scheduled for Friday October 5th. The two ALDS series are set to get underway Saturday October 6th and Sunday October 7th. With Markakis having the surgery tomorrow 4 weeks recovery takes him to October 8th. So it's not out of the question that we could see Nick again this year.

I took vacation for the 5th, just in case. Then it was in case we made the WC game. Now it's in case we DROP to the WC game. :D I didn't realize then that we also have Monday the 8th off. Columbus day. Hoping to see Nick in a game that weekend. *fingers and toes crossed*

Archived