Pray for Nick

Moose Milligan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like Girardi either, but there's no way he told CC to hit anyone. There was no reason for it. And it's pretty poor to suggest that you want our pitchers to hurt someone. It's bush league.

I agree, that wasnt the situation or way you hit someone. I also don't think Markakis would of been the target if they were going to throww at someone.

I'd gladly swap a loss tonight if it somehow meant Nick could play tomorrow and the rest of the season.

Amen to that.

I watched his reply to Betemit a few times and couldn't tell what he was saying. It could have been "it's not broken" or "I broke it". If it wasn't broken Betemit wouldn't have had the reaction he did. His reaction was clearly negative. I guess we'll know soon either way.

"When our guys are getting plunked, I'm not going to be happy about it because we don't have Posada probably tomorrow," Girardi said. "We missed Tex for a few days during spring training. If it's during the season, we probably lose Tex for three, four days. I'm not criticizing Jeremy Guthrie. I'm just saying I'm frustrated by it."

Girardi said he respects Guthrie and that he doesn't plan on taking the matter to Major League Baseball. Still, Girardi wondered aloud about Guthrie's command.

"We know he's going to pitch inside and I don't have a problem pitching inside," Girardi said. "But what do you expect, for me to be happy our guys are getting plunked? I'm frustrated by it. I wish he had better command."

--- LINK

I wonder if Joe is equally frustrated that his fat tub of an ace apparently lacks sufficient "command" to pitch inside.

I have really come to dislike Pedro Strop

Oh, whatever. How fair weather are you? Strop's been a huge component of our bullpen this year. The dude is obviously tired, he's thrown more big league innings this year than any other year he's pitched by far. We've leaned a lot on this guy all summer and now all of a sudden you dislike him?

Archived