Inning ending DP by Mark Teixeira to win the game

alaniee

Looking the footage again, the ump is looking Tex full in the face when he punches him out and his fist is pointing directly at Tex. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that was a big ol' FU for Tex arguing balls and strikes and disrespecting the home plate ump with foul language.

I am friends with a former ML umpire here in Florida and they've told me that umps will sometimes retaliate against a player who has shown up the umpire crew to make it abundantly clear that they never screw with them again.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dismiss as in say if you overslide on home to first it's like overrunning?

Oversliding on first doesn't matter at all. You can overrun, overslide, overwhatever first base. As long as the runner doesn't make a move toward second he can do whatever he wants. Tex was clearly safe and it's not debatable. AWESOME! Screw Tex and screw the Yankees.

When Markakis got hit with the pitch and immediately started grabbing his hand in pain, C.C. Sabathia's first reaction was to scream at the umpire, because he wanted it to be called a strike.

I have NO sympathy whatsoever with for that piece of garbage franchise about a bad call to end the game.

Could not have said it better myself. Rep to you.

Poor yankee$ got screwed :newcry:

:laughlol:

Looking the footage again, the ump is looking Tex full in the face when he punches him out and his fist is pointing directly at Tex. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that was a big ol' FU for Tex arguing balls and strikes and disrespecting the home plate ump with foul language.

I am friends with a former ML umpire here in Florida and they've told me that umps will sometimes retaliate against a player who has shown up the umpire crew to make it abundantly clear that they never screw with them again.

This makes most sense to me. Especially whem the umps have been faithfully following the Selig directive to give the MFY's the benifit of doubt on all calls. The ingrates how dare they argue calls in that case.

This makes most sense to me. Especially whem the umps have been faithfully following the Selig directive to give the MFY's the benifit of doubt on all calls. The ingrates how dare they argue calls in that case.

I just spoke with my friend about the call and they feel like this is what happened. Tex is clearly safe. My friend said, "I bet Tex will be meek as a lamb at the plate tomorrow, just you watch."

So how many bad calls have the Orioles had go against them which cost them crucial games against the Yankees. I can remember Jeffrey Maier reaching out and turning a Jeter flyout into a HR, which likely cost the Orioles a trip to the WS. And so many other calls have favored the Yankees over the year.

They are going crazy on the Yankees forum over this call.

For once a call goes the other way and I don't pity the Yankees one bit. They deserved to lose this game and they did. They have gotten far more calls over the years than have gone against them. Go O's!

I wasn't really paying attention but was Tex really griping with the umps that badly tonight? Anyhow, I don't really care. Way I look at it is the Yanks get calls that go their way a bit and we're entitled to one.

He was jawing like mad after getting rung up in the 7th. (or was it 6th?)

So how many bad calls have the Orioles had go against them which cost them crucial games against the Yankees. I can remember Jeffrey Maier reaching out and turning a Jeter flyout into a HR, which likely cost the Orioles a trip to the WS. And so many other calls have favored the Yankees over the year.

For once a call goes the other way and I don't pity the Yankees one bit. They deserved to lose this game and they did. They have gotten far more calls over the years than have gone against them. Go O's!

Yeah I know. The Maier call changed the complexion of the series. Still hate seeing that play. Honestly, I wouldn't complain if we played them in the ALCS again and the same thing that happened to Tarasco happened to one of their outfielders. Is that spiteful, sure, but I think the Yankees are in dire need of some hardships, really this is a team that has as much World Series appearances in my life time as the O's do winning season. No sympathy for them if something goes wrong.

Archived