Inning ending DP by Mark Teixeira to win the game

alaniee

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell you what, his arguing strikes absolutely may have contributed to the call at first. Umps get tired of that bs and they cover for one another.
I was surprised he wasn't tossed the way he went at the umps.

And I don't care about the bad call. Nick Swisher pretended to be hit by a pitch yesterday, and CC broke our steadiest player and 2nd best hitter's thumb today and screamed about not having it called a strike. Whatever, it wasn't the right call but we deserved it. I'm sure we'd trade the call for a healthy Nick but we can't, so this is basically just a weak consolation.

Could be a little payback for running his (Tex) mouth earlier or

Could have just been a blown call ....

Either way I will take this as the universe paying us back in some small way for the Maier deal.... still not even but will certainly take the downpayment :thumbsup1:

When Markakis got hit with the pitch and immediately started grabbing his hand in pain, C.C. Sabathia's first reaction was to scream at the umpire, because he wanted it to be called a strike.

I have NO sympathy whatsoever with for that piece of garbage franchise about a bad call to end the game.

I was reading Sabathia's lips on the replay. He was yelling, 'foul ball, foul ball".

This is the same horrible ump who jobbed Pittsburgh last season, when Lugo was tagged out by a mile at home plate and then went and stepped on the plate he called him safe. It was a terrible call, and we were fortunate to get a gift, our best BP arms are pitching like they can't handle the pressure of a pennant race.

This is the same horrible ump who jobbed Pittsburgh last season, when Lugo was tagged out by a mile at home plate and then went and stepped on the plate he called him safe. It was a terrible call, and we were fortunate to get a gift, our best BP arms are pitching like they can't handle the pressure of a pennant race.
JJ pitched well, he got two near DP balls in a row.

Archived