Kevin Gregg and Adams DFA'd; Hoes and Chavez Selected

xian4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This almost has to mean that Hoes will be the LFer and that Mclouth will slide over to RF. Davis continues as the full time DH.

I wonder if Nick had a great procedure and they're thinking he'll be back a tick sooner than expected. Of course, the move and his status are likely unreleated, but they could be connected.

Gregg wasn't going to be on the post season roster, though I don't understand why they kept him this long.

Right. Which leads me to wonder why they didn't just keep him until the end of the season. But I guess if you need the roster spot, you need the roster spot.

Well, the whipping boy is finally gone. The move makes sense because someone had to be removed from the 40-man roster, and Gregg has no future here. But I don't think Gregg's absence is going to make any difference to the final W-L record of the team.

As much as baseball is a business, and as bad as Gregg has been, I still feel a little sorry for a guy to get cut from a team in the pennant race after 140 games have been played. Gregg seemed like a pretty good teammate and I'll never forget his little confrontation with David Ortiz last year, which certainly was the highlight of Gregg's two years in Baltimore.

Agree. Personally, I'm saying a prayer for these guys. Has to be a tough time personally and professionally. I have never understood the vitriol against Gregg. He has always done what Buck has asked, and never made excuses. Yes, he has sucked at times, but he has done some good stuff, including contributing to the 17-inning win in Boston. I can't bring myself to hate someone wearing the Orioles uniform.

Yeah, I think his standing up to Ortiz was a big turning point in this team finding its identity, and I'm sure his veteran presence was a positive influence on our young relievers this year.

I'm all for this move, but I like Gregg and I hope he can catch on and do well somewhere else.

Archived