Kevin Gregg and Adams DFA'd; Hoes and Chavez Selected

xian4

This almost has to mean that Hoes will be the LFer and that Mclouth will slide over to RF. Davis continues as the full time DH.

I wonder if Nick had a great procedure and they're thinking he'll be back a tick sooner than expected. Of course, the move and his status are likely unreleated, but they could be connected.

Really? Is it even possible for Hoes to have a worse arm than McLouth?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This almost has to mean that Hoes will be the LFer and that Mclouth will slide over to RF. Davis continues as the full time DH.

I wonder if Nick had a great procedure and they're thinking he'll be back a tick sooner than expected. Of course, the move and his status are likely unreleated, but they could be connected.

Why bat Davis against LHP, instead of Hoes. He'll at least get on base more than Davis. Leave Ford in RF.

Man...releasing him during a playoff race after using him in clean-up duty all year would just be the ultimate dick move. Gotta do what you gotta do, though.

Yeah i know everyone in my house is going to be crying themselves to sleep tonight because some guy who made 6 million this year didn't get to play in the mlb playoffs.

I was waiting for my teriyaki order to come out when I got the text about this move. Couldn't stop grinning about Gregg. :D

I do feel a bit sorry for the guy, but thank god he's finally off of this team. There have been too many games this year where Gregg came in and took a game that had the small chance of a comeback into a laughable blowout. He had that good stretch in July, but besides that, he's been god awful.

Well, the whipping boy is finally gone. The move makes sense because someone had to be removed from the 40-man roster, and Gregg has no future here. But I don't think Gregg's absence is going to make any difference to the final W-L record of the team.

As much as baseball is a business, and as bad as Gregg has been, I still feel a little sorry for a guy to get cut from a team in the pennant race after 140 games have been played. Gregg seemed like a pretty good teammate and I'll never forget his little confrontation with David Ortiz last year, which certainly was the highlight of Gregg's two years in Baltimore.

Yeah for sure. I would have liked things to have turned out better for Gregg. He had some good moments but he struggled a good bit during his 2 years here. I hope whatever he does next he has success.

I was waiting for my teriyaki order to come out when I got the text about this move. Couldn't stop grinning about Gregg. :D

I do feel a bit sorry for the guy, but thank god he's finally off of this team. There have been too many games this year where Gregg came in and took a game that had the small chance of a comeback into a laughable blowout. He had that good stretch in July, but besides that, he's been god awful.

He was pretty good from April 18 to the end of July: 2.20 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.16 K/9. But he has been pretty bad since August 1 (8.74 ERA) and we needed the roster spot.

Archived