Kevin Gregg and Adams DFA'd; Hoes and Chavez Selected

xian4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Dan Duquette wants to bring you a winner. He is not a people pleaser.

For all the talk of Buck deserving Manager of the Year awards, why isn't anyone talking about DD for Executive of the Year? What he has done with the roster moves, trades, and signings, etc. for this team has been nothing short of astounding.

For all the talk of Buck deserving Manager of the Year awards, why isn't anyone talking about DD for Executive of the Year? What he has done with the roster moves, trades, and signings, etc. for this team has been nothing short of astounding.

Because Billy Beane is the sexy pick.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If this were true, Duquette would have spent considerably more and behaved considerably differently that he has. There is no basis for this suspicion that I can see.

They signed Adam Jones to an expensive contract extension in mid-season. (Did it last year with Hardy, too.) Signing Chen and Wada cost some money. The financial investment they made in Rick Petersen and his biomechanical analysis for most of the pitchers in the system received a specific thanks of gratitude from DD (or Peterson, I forget) toward ownership. The other money they've been spending on technology that Weems talks about? I think they've spent quite a bit. It just hasn't been on flashy free agent acquisitions.

I also think they wanted to see what they had and wanted to wait a bit until they reached a plateau of respectability. Finally, I think that the buy-a-team days of the 90s, running from Big Sid/Chris Sabo to Albert Belle, aren't coming back anyway. They'll spend the money in different ways.

Because I'd have to Google Executive of the Year to figure out if that's actually a MLB award. So I'd assume most folks didn't even know it was a thing to talk about.

Archived