Magic Numbers and teams the Orioles have eliminated

csgordos

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* WHEN (not if) the Orioles pass the Yankees for the division this year the Orioles have clinch the #2 seed in the playoffs.

I decided to add another layer now with the Magic numbers the Division leaders need to win their division and Magic Numbers for those teams also to clinch a playoff spot. The Orioles is 2!!!!!

Magic # for Orioles Only------------Magic # to Win Division---------------Magic # Playoff Spot

Indians: Eliminated

Twins: Eliminated

Red Soxs: Eliminated

Royals: Eliminated

Blue Jays: Eliminated

Mariners: Eliminated

White Soxs: (Eliminated from catching the Orioles only)

Tigers: (**Eliminated from catching the O's) ---3

Rays: 1

Angels: 2

A's (Top Wildcard Spot): 4------------------------------------------------------------ 3

Yankees (Win the Division): 5-----------------5--------------------------------------- 2

Texas (Best Record in AL!!): 7--------------- 3 --------------------------------------- 1

Texas,the Yankees, &/or the O's can be the first AL team to clinch a spot in the playoffs tomorrow.

I am in Disney, so feel free to update regularly if you feel that I am not being as quick with the daily updated magic number scorecard.

I got a bunch of GO O's in the park today!!!! Amazing.

Magic Numbers as I calculate them:

To win the AL East:

5 vs. Yankees

For the best record in the AL (both must happen) :

7 vs. Rangers

5 vs. Yankees

For the top WC spot (all of these must happen):

4 Oakland

2 LAA

1 TB

OR

7 Tex (because this means at least 2 O's wins, it eliminates LAA and TB, but Oakland could still win the West)

I believe other combinations are all redundant.

To guarantee a playoff birth (2 of 3 must happen):

4 Oakland

2 LAA

1 TB

To clinch a WC spot on Sunday 9/30:

O's win coupled with a split or DH loss by LAA

OR

DH loss by LAA with a loss by TB

* WHEN (not if) the Orioles pass the Yankees for the division this year the Orioles have clinch the #2 seed in the playoffs.

I decided to add another layer now with the Magic numbers the Division leaders need to win their division and Magic Numbers for those teams also to clinch a playoff spot. The Orioles is 1!!!!

Magic # for Orioles Only------------Magic # to Win Division---------------Magic # Playoff Spot

Indians: Eliminated

Twins: Eliminated

Red Soxs: Eliminated

Royals: Eliminated

Blue Jays: Eliminated

Mariners: Eliminated

White Soxs: (Eliminated from catching the Orioles only)

Tigers: (**Eliminated from catching the O's) ---1

Rays: (eliminated catching O's only)

Angels: 1

A's (Top Wildcard Spot): 3----------------------------------------------------------- 2

Yankees (Win the Division): 4----------------5--------------------------------------- 1

Texas (Best Record in AL!!): 6--------------- 3 --------------------------------------- 1

Texas,the Yankees, & the O's can be the first AL team to clinch a spot in the playoffs tonight if Texas wins!!!

I am in Disney, so feel free to update regularly if you feel that I am not being as quick with the daily updated magic number scorecard.

I got a bunch of GO O's in the park today!!!! Amazing.

Archived