Machado to Wear A Tutu and Green Dress

Slappy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm the only one concerned that they are going to have to walk three blocks through Oakland. I hope nobody gets mugged, or worse. :laughlol:

In California you might see 15 people dressed that way in a given night. Of course, more in certain sections of San Francisco than in Oakland.

I'm a little surprised that there are people who have a problem with this. This is goofy fun to break the tension and keep things light. No one is being harmed and it's a "welcome to the show" moment for the rookies. Try not to project your own experiences onto this stuff.

In California you might see 15 people dressed that way in a given night. Of course, more in certain sections of San Francisco than in Oakland.

Yeah, I know it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary. I was referring more about Oakland being the 4th most dangerous city in the country. I've been there, it makes Baltimore look like Mayberry.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

These things seem pretty harmless but then again I'm not in the room. Nice legs Manny! :D Also it's not rookie hazing but the Rays as a team have had themed road trips for a few years that seem to keep things light and fun. Check out some of their attire: http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/pages/photogallery?gid=9774

Those pics are hilarious. Although I think Joel Peralta's effort on the nerd theme came up more "Chicago the musical" than nerd. I have heard of other teams doing the theme road trip thing as well.

That's San Fran, not Oakland ;)

Of course, in San Fran, you're liable to see 15 people in their birthday suits on a given night too.

I'm a little surprised that there are people who have a problem with this. This is goofy fun to break the tension and keep things light. No one is being harmed and it's a "welcome to the show" moment for the rookies. Try not to project your own experiences onto this stuff.
Some people think Jerry Lewis is goofy and fun, like the French, who also seem to like James Lipton. Others find both merely stupid and obnoxious. De gustibus.

To the people that don't like this stuff, have you ever been part of a team? This stuff is great. You have to do it, but the next year, you get to do it to the new guys. It's all in good fun. Even when I made the varsity baseball team in high school there was an initiation party.

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt or killed.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2019119108_apusfamuhazing.html

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-fontana-ab-miller-hazing,0,4088955.story

http://www.heavy.com/news/2012/08/naked-catholic-school-cheerleaders-lap-dances-hazing-poop-toile/

Of course cross-dressing or singing your school's fight song is a different animal, but hazing in general is a bad idea. It's unnecessary and can be a slippery slope that bad people can use for their own twisted purposes.

Some people think Jerry Lewis is goofy and fun, like the French, who also seem to like James Lipton. Others find both merely stupid and obnoxious. De gustibus.

Saying that it doesn't suit your tastes is a lot different than what you said. (i.e. "embarassingly moronic")

All I saw was that photo and the story but it looks like Manny is wearing it with pride! That's the way to handle this kind of stuff. Those guys that get all bent out of shape need a dose of reality. It's a game! Have fun with it!

Right. If you do it without complaining, it shows them that it doesn't bother you and they stop.

Archived