Machado to Wear A Tutu and Green Dress

Slappy

Saying that it doesn't suit your tastes is a lot different than what you said. (i.e. "embarassingly moronic")
So it's ok for me to say it doesn't suit my taste but I can't say why it doesn't suit my taste, .ie. I find the mentality moronic, a throw back to tribal culture not suitable for the present, and I am embarrassed for the morons engaging in the practice? I find James Lipton obnoxius and embarrassing. Others worship him. I think Jerry Lewis' "comedy?" is tasteless offensive, but the French love him. I like Laurel and Hardy and can't abide the Three Stooges. I find hazing an offensive practice, particularly for the misogynistic aspects of it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it's ok for me to say it doesn't suit my taste but I can't say why it doesn't suit my taste, .ie. I find the mentality moronic, a throw back to tribal culture not suitable for the present, and I am embarrassed for the morons engaging in the practice? I find James Lipton obnoxius and embarrassing. Others worship him. I think Jerry Lewis' "comedy?" is tasteless offensive, but the French love him. I like Laurel and Hardy and can't abide the Three Stooges. I find hazing an offensive practice, particularly for the misogynistic aspects of it.

You can do whatever you want, Gordo.

...But your post does not suit my tastes.

Some people just take life too seriously.
:laughlol:For real. They made a guy dress up in a tutu and a hotdog costume to fly across the country. It's funny. It builds team chemistry.

I agree with these posts, and the many like them above. AND it makes them that much more fun to root for. I need someone (more skilled than I) to make a collage of all the amazing moments this year so I can frame it. (i.e. Chris Davis's face as he hoists Nate McLouth onto his shoulder, Davis's pitching win, any number of Manny moments, sad Yankees fans, Manny the ballerina, Chen the hot dog, the statues, etc.)

As a freshman at University of Richmond we had to choreograph the video to Thriller in front of Dhall. The upper class man posted flyers all over campus the week before. Dhall was standing room only. We killed it. Great memories. That was the finale to 'hazing week' - the other stuff was not so fun. If it's harmless and in good fun, I'm all for it. Sometimes it goes too far and can be degrading. That is unacceptable.

Next thing we read as this tutu pic goes viral..."Machado, Chen, Gonzalez filing workplace harassment suit against Orioles, claiming planned multicultural harassment of Hispanic and Oriental workers. Demand trade to another team." lol. Harmless fun, but i wonder if Adam Jones ever got this treatment, hard to see him being ok with it.

Archived