Does anyone else hate Oakland?

Moose Milligan

This.

Has Gordo made a comment along the lines of "The O's should hope to avoid a sweep since they're an inferior team" yet? That sure worked well for the Rays series.

I don't think we are inferior to OAK, but they are better suited to play in that park. They play better small ball, and have better SP. We rely too much on the long ball for that park, and will have trouble scoring runs IMO. We do have an advantage on defense, since we added Manny and McLouth. I am hoping for a W there. 2 would be terrific, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really get why A's fans are so PO'd about not knowing anyone on their team. I don't even watch them I was able to write down their entire team:

SP Dallas Braden

SP Brett Anderson

SP Trevor Cahill

SP Bartolo Colon

SP Barry Zito

RP Grant Balfour

RP Brian Fuentes

RP Andrew Bailey

RP Brad Ziegler

RP Dana Eveland

RP Joey Devine

CL Huston Street

C Kurt Suzuki

1B Daric Barton

2B Ricky Weeks

SS Bobby Crosby

3B Eric Chavez

OF Yoenis Cespedes

OF Coco Crisp

OF Josh Reddick

DH Manny Ramirez

edit: Forgot Barry Zito

No. I mean, I hate every team the O's are playing, but ordinarily no. In fact, if I believed in 2nd-favorite teams Oakland might be on my short list of possible 2nd-favorite teams. But I don't have 2nd-favorite teams*, so they're just some bunch of guys who play on the west coast.

* I had a brief affair with the Indians in the mid 80s, but usually I'm loathe to admit it, feels kind of dirty, and I'm forever shamed with regret.

I don't really get why A's fans are so PO'd about not knowing anyone on their team. I don't even watch them I was able to write down their entire team:

SP Dallas Braden

SP Brett Anderson

SP Trevor Cahill

SP Bartolo Colon

SP Barry Zito

RP Grant Balfour

RP Brian Fuentes

RP Andrew Bailey

RP Brad Ziegler

RP Dana Eveland

RP Joey Devine

CL Huston Street

C Kurt Suzuki

1B Daric Barton

2B Ricky Weeks

SS Bobby Crosby

3B Eric Chavez

OF Yoenis Cespedes

OF Coco Crisp

OF Josh Reddick

DH Manny Ramirez

I lol'd.

Rep to you.

SP Dallas Braden

SP Brett Anderson

SP Trevor Cahill

SP Bartolo Colon

SP Barry Zito

RP Grant Balfour

RP Brian Fuentes

RP Andrew Bailey

RP Brad Ziegler

RP Dana Eveland

RP Joey Devine

CL Huston Street

C Kurt Suzuki

1B Daric Barton

2B Ricky Weeks

SS Bobby Crosby

3B Eric Chavez

OF Yoenis Cespedes

OF Coco Crisp

OF Josh Reddick

DH Manny Ramirez

You forgot Reggie, Rickey, Rick Langford, Jimmy Foxx, Billy Martin, and Connie Mack.

I am surprised there is not more respect or even admiration for a team that, relatively speaking, may be in the most difficult competitive position in baseball - sporting a low payroll against LAA and Texas - not to mention a Seattle team that had $110+M payrolls in the past decade. I have thought that Bill Beane received disproportionate credit for things like Moneyball and he certainly has made some poor trades the past five years or so, but it is absolutely remarkable what his team is doing this year - and there should be more appreciation for it in this thread, IMO.

I don't think we are inferior to OAK, but they are better suited to play in that park. They play better small ball, and have better SP. We rely too much on the long ball for that park, and will have trouble scoring runs IMO. We do have an advantage on defense, since we added Manny and McLouth. I am hoping for a W there. 2 would be terrific, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been watching the A's a bit this year. Their SP's aren't flashy but they attack the strike zone and don't walk guys. Their stuff is good enough and they play good defense. I don't know how they are patching it together on offense. They are gonna be tough to beat and I agree that it may not be great matchup for us. I'm thinking a guy like Endy Chavez (maybe in RF) and or Hoes/Avery might play more into this series for us with speed/defense. I'm more worried about this series than the Yankees. I hope we do it though. The A's might be due for a bad run.

I definitely hate when the A's beat the Orioles, but I don't hate the franchise. I live right next to the city that the A's want to move to: San Jose. I'm in no way an A' fan, but I would go to a lot of games if they move here. I only go to Oakland when the Orioles visit. I really only hate the MFY, Red Sox and Giants.

On the contrary. The A's have always been one of my favorite non-Oriole teams. I just love their look which they have kept pretty constant over the years. They have unique colors, cool hats, plus some pretty darn good players since playing in Oakland.

I may be wrong here, but didn't the A's have a bat s**t crazy owner who changed their colors from traditional to the yellow and green they have now? Also, the A's are the only team in MLB to wear white spikes.

Archived