Does anyone else hate Oakland?

Moose Milligan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I don't hate the team, but that stadium sucks.

Right now, it's more of a "hunt" mentality. I don't hate them, but this team is on a mission and they are standing in the way. If we have play with a bit of a chip on our shoulder to win, then that's what happens. Whatever it takes to move them out of the way.

I go to several A's games every year in Oakland, and I am always impressed by how well A's fans treat O's fans. It's like they're pulling for us to shut up the hateful Sux and Skanks.

Well, yeah. They've been destroyed in the playoffs by those teams, and they own us in Oak.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The stadium is definitely junk now, but it was pretty highly rated back in the 80's before all the new parks started getting built. They killed it for baseball by building Mt. Davis. Closing the bowl took away the bleachers, a nice view of the Oakland hills and made it feel dark and confined. The A's have a great chance to break out of being small market and move into a strong position if the league would go ahead and support a move to San Jose. The biggest reason why I hate the Giants is because they are doing whatever they can to prevent them from moving down here. The's A's gave them rights to Santa Clara Co. on good faith back in (I think it was) '92 when we had a chance to vote on building a stadium for the Giants. The measure failed but the Giants have still retained their claim all this time.

I've lived out here for my entire life and have had equal access to both OAK and SF. Being an O's fan since early on, we mostly went to AL games in OAK. The Colosseum was always way nicer than Candlestick anyway.

Have some experience with living in Oakland? Why do you say this?

Based on my view from the BART train while going to a game in July, the surrounding area *was* pretty dumpy looking. And that stadium, my God, that stadium. Ugh! Although, I will say that it was nice to be at a game where we weren't being slammed with music every 2 minutes and that stupid pre-recorded clapping used to amp up the crowd.

I am actually old enough I saw some of the rivalry with the A's in the 70's, and I didn't like them then, but that rivalry faded away. They have played us well, as has everyone the last decade or so, I just don't get too fired up either way. I sometimes appreciate the west coast trips more now that I live in Colorado, as they start at a time when I can catch most of the game.

Like a lot of O's fans, I have been keeping an eye on the A's the last 60-days in the wild card race, and they obviously aren't going anywhere soon. I know we want the big prize, I just want the little prize to get in the playoffs as a back-up plan and the A's are potentially in the way. These are big games.

So, I will certainly hate the A's for at least 72-hours....

-Don

I hate when we play them away because frankly; I can't/won't stay up that damn late to watch the game!

West Coast games should start earlier so that they start earlier here. The NFL gets it with that!

The NFL is brutal out here. Try watching the Ravens at 10am. Beer and breakfast food don't mix very well, especially when you're already hungover. So I guess it evens out.

Anyway, I don't particularly hate the A's. That stadium does kinda seem like a crypt on TV, but it could be worse (TORONTO).

And as for the city of Oakland, it's actually very similar to Baltimore.

Archived