Complete List of O's Players Eligible for Rule 5 Draft

Oldorioles

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Look, I'm sorry if I took away from the context of the thread.

I'm just particularly high on both Zach Clark and Rick Zagone as "sleeper" type of pitchers that are late bloomers (especially Clark), and want to see them get their chance in the majors before being written off.

You got your wish. The Orioles purchased Zach's contract. :smile11:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-select-contract-of-umbc-product-zach-clark-20121031,0,4847528.story

So, do you think that Zach Clark should be placed on the 40 man roster or the AAA roster? I think he definitely should be placed on the AAA roster to protect him from the Rule V minor league draft. There is no way that he is going to be placed on the 40 man roster IMO-because he is 29 years old and has already passed through the draft many times. He may get a cup of coffee sometime-but is not really a prospect at this point. He is a minor league lifer and those types of players generally do not get protected on the 40 man roster. If he does make the majors someday, he is the type of player that you DFA in order to be able to protect more highly regarded players. I think that Belfiore may be the only one that is placed on the 40 man roster and that might not even happen.

Well there goes that post.

Well it definitely surprises me that Zach Clark was protected. Obviously, I am no expert. From reading Roch's story-it sounds like he made some real improvements this year. I hope he has a real impact on the Orioles next year. It would definitely be a great story.

Well it definitely surprises me that Zach Clark was protected. Obviously, I am no expert. From reading Roch's story-it sounds like he made some real improvements this year. I hope he has a real impact on the Orioles next year. It would definitely be a great story.

You handled that in a very classy manner. Better than most would have. Rep to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived