To Everyone Who Stayed Up Last Night

Brendan25

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I passed out around the 15th inning. On the couch, a few strong beers in me. Now this is gonna sound weird, but stay with me.

I had a dream on the couch and it's already starting to leave my memory. One of those dreams where you don't really know what is going on or why you are in the situation you are in. All I really remember is being lost at sea on a rubber life boat. It was yellow and navy blue. Weird that you remember those little details but not much else. Darren O'Day was there, but not wearing an O's uniform. Oh no, he had a black top hat on and a handle bar mustache that he was twirling. Then Chris Davis shows up with a tug boat and saves the day. There was orange and black confetti.

The rest has already left my memory, but I jumped up at around 7 AM excited like it was Christmas morning and I was 8 years old. I turned on the computer and saw we won.

Now I am at work and really tired. What a strange night. Can't wait for tonight's game!!!

Let's go O's!

I somehow slept through innings 2-9, and then was some combination of awake/delirious for the rest. Having a 1-month old will do that for you.

Around the 16th inning, I actually fell asleep for a moment and dreamed that the Orioles won by two runs, and then when I woke up, I couldn't figure out why the game was still on in the 17th inning. I figured it must be the replay -- but that was impossible for several reasons, obviously. Took me a few minutes to realize what was going on. Also, in that dream, I learned that the Ravens beat KC 33 to 31 (???) across the scoreboard thingy on the bottom of the screen. Very odd.

Something similar happened to me (minus the 1 month old). I fell asleep during the 12th and dreamt that the Orioles were up 3-2 in the 14th. When I woke up I was confused why they were still playing in the 16th with a 2-2 score.

I somehow managed to make it the entire game. I was about to go to sleep in the 8th around 12:15 but decided not to. After that, I pretty much decided I was locked in. Got to sleep at 4:30 and "slept in" until 7:30 before coming into work. I'm good now but I'll be dragging soon.

Still worth it.

I honestly decided to go to bed before these west coast games start because I know my week will be ruined if I get into a game. I happily woke up, checked the ticker on SportsCenter and rejoiced, lol.

The game thread is a wonderful read starting on page 73, for those interested:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/126075-vs-MARINERS-9-18/page73

I somehow slept through innings 2-9, and then was some combination of awake/delirious for the rest. Having a 1-month old will do that for you.

Around the 16th inning, I actually fell asleep for a moment and dreamed that the Orioles won by two runs, and then when I woke up, I couldn't figure out why the game was still on in the 17th inning. I figured it must be the replay -- but that was impossible for several reasons, obviously. Took me a few minutes to realize what was going on. Also, in that dream, I learned that the Ravens beat KC 33 to 31 (???) across the scoreboard thingy on the bottom of the screen. Very odd.

Priest Holmes played for the Baltimore Ravens and wore number 33. He went to the Kansas City Chiefs and wore number 31.

Also, you and I both had strange dreams last night after passing out watching the game and we, apparently, are both named Matt.

/tinfoilhat

Priest Holmes played for the Baltimore Ravens and wore number 33. He went to the Kansas City Chiefs and wore number 31.

Also, you and I both had strange dreams last night after passing out watching the game and we, apparently, are both named Matt.

/tinfoilhat

Orioles Magic!

After the 12th, I took some Melatonin and passed out. I couldn't go on, but I had the game on the AM radio next to my bed.

I woke up at 3am, the radio was still on. The game was still on. NO WAY. I listened to the top of the 17th. They didn't push one across. I took some more Melatonin and turned off the radio.

In my dream, the Orioles won the game at 5am, PST just as the sun was coming up. They pushed two across in the 24th inning.

I woke up to see that they did indeed push two across, but thankfully it only took until the 18th inning.

Orioles (and melatonin) magic.

I passed out around the 15th inning. On the couch, a few strong beers in me. Now this is gonna sound weird, but stay with me.

I had a dream on the couch and it's already starting to leave my memory. One of those dreams where you don't really know what is going on or why you are in the situation you are in. All I really remember is being lost at sea on a rubber life boat. It was yellow and navy blue. Weird that you remember those little details but not much else. Darren O'Day was there, but not wearing an O's uniform. Oh no, he had a black top hat on and a handle bar mustache that he was twirling. Then Chris Davis shows up with a tug boat and saves the day. There was orange and black confetti.

The rest has already left my memory, but I jumped up at around 7 AM excited like it was Christmas morning and I was 8 years old. I turned on the computer and saw we won.

Now I am at work and really tired. What a strange night. Can't wait for tonight's game!!!

Let's go O's!

Dude, I'm pretty sure you had more than those beers. ;)

After the 12th, I took some Melatonin and passed out. I couldn't go on, but I had the game on the AM radio next to my bed.

I woke up at 3am, the radio was still on. The game was still on. NO WAY. I listened to the top of the 17th. They didn't push one across. I took some more Melatonin and turned off the radio.

In my dream, the Orioles won the game at 5am, PST just as the sun was coming up. They pushed two across in the 24th inning.

I woke up to see that they did indeed push two across, but thankfully it only took until the 18th inning.

Orioles (and melatonin) magic.

I feel much less strange this morning knowing that I'm not the only one that fell asleep watching the game and had an O's dream.

Archived