To Everyone Who Stayed Up Last Night

Brendan25

It was a late night but not really too far past my average recent bedtime.

I was laying in bed dozing in and out of sleep with the game on the radio for most of the extra innings. I think I was mainly asleep during the rally in the top of the 18th, but something woke me up a bit and I was conscious enough to listen and follow along in the bottom when JJ closed it out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2AM... yeah I said in the 14th inning "this is completely irresponsible of me to be doing" and passed out.

lol pretty much exactly what I did. I put on the radio feed on MLB.TV and was asleep in seconds. I stirred two hours later and heard through the haze Fred Manfra talking about Johnson pitching to a hitter and that Tommy Hunter was "in line for the win". Then I fell back into unconsciousness... with a smile on my face.

Something similar happened to me (minus the 1 month old). I fell asleep during the 12th and dreamt that the Orioles were up 3-2 in the 14th. When I woke up I was confused why they were still playing in the 16th with a 2-2 score.
Haha, I intentionally went to sleep in my bed, but left the TV on in the other room loud enough that I could sort of hear it. I got woken up by all the excitement when we scored the tying runs in the 9th, but somehow all the preceding commentating had me dreaming that we'd just blown a big lead, like we were up by a lot in the 9th and didn't put Johnson in and it started unraveling and when we got him in it was too late. So when I got up and sat down to watch I was really confused for awhile. Only watched the rest of the 9th and the 10th, then went back to bed again the same way and woke up at the end.

Went to bed around the 5th inning.

Woke up this morning and stumbled out to the computer. I had left GameDay on. When I first glanced it said that Wieters was the last batter, and I thought, crap, we lost. But then I realized that the tab had frozen sometime in the middle of the night. Refreshed, saw the score at the top of my page, and pounded my fist on the dining room table so hard that I spooked the dog. It took me a few minutes to realize that the game had gone 18 innings.

What more can you really say about this team. Just unbelievable.

Archived