Some News

Peace21

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like a Reds trade with Bedard best, if it were to include Joey Votto, Homer Bailey and Edwin Encarnacion.

Then we swing Roberts to the Cubs in hope that they bite on Felix Pie and Sean Gallagher.

Then we have Guthrie, Cabrera, Loewen, Bailey, Patton, Gallagher, Olson, Penn, Albers and Liz fighting for a starting rotation spot.

The bullpen would have Walker, Bradford, Hoey, F.Cabrera, Bierd, Aquino, Cherry, Sarfate, Burres all shooting for spots.

With Millar, Mora, Huff, Payton, Hernandez and Daniel Cabrera as tradable commodities, we could hope to get more bullpen arms, some projectible middle infielders and a stop gap catcher.

At very worst, we can probably get Johnny Estrada to catch for one year and Tad Iguchi to play 2nd base for one year.

We could likely get Tom Gordon for Melvin Mora. Maybe we could swing Millar for Joquain Arias. Maybe Cabrera and Huff could get us another solid prospect.

A 2009 lineup of this would be an excellent start:

C-Weiters

1b-Votto

2b-?????

3b-Encarnacion

ss-?????

lf-Reimold

cf-Pie

rf-Markakis

dh-Scott

Exactly. Some people here are way too critical of the Dodgers. As if they did something to wrong us. Their rotation is above average at worst, and top-5 in the league at best. Bedard would have certainly made them elite, but it's their prerogative to overpay Kuroda while holding onto Kemp and Kershaw and company.

Im not mad at them, I just think they are stupid.

They would have been smart to take a deal including Tejada and Bedard for LaRoche, Kershaw, Kemp, Hu and Peirre.

They would lose almost nothing on their current lineup, and get a middle of the order hitter and #1 starter if they are serious about contending.

1. Furcal SS

2. Either LF

3. Tejada 3B

4. Jones CF

5. Kent 2B

6. Gonzales RF

7. Loney/Garciappara 1B

8. Mitchell C

9. Bedard

1. Bedard

2. Penny

3. Lowe

4. Kuroda

5. Billingsley

And they keep Broxton and Saito together at the back end of their rotation.

The Dodger have money, and a deep system with or without Kemp, Kershaw, Hu and LaRoche.

They will be a 3rd place team this season. I think theyve done a halfassed job of building a contending team.

I understand what you are saying but the Yankees also had an offense that would put up a ton of runs which the Dodgers clearly do not.

Looking at the rotations in the NL West right now I would clearly take the Padres' rotation of the Dodgers' and wouls probably also take the Diamondbacks'.

I understand your main point and don't necessarily disagree, but I disagree with the implication here. These five guys with Loiaza as back up are a better rotation than the Yankees have had going into the past two seasons.

The Yankees also had a top 5 lineup to go along with those rotations. The Dodgers are a worse offensive team than the Orioles are.

I just cant believe they are talking about becoming contenders with the additions theyve made to their club.

The DBacks won that division last year, and added Haren, which is a by far a greater upgrade than the Dodgers have added.

The Rockies were the best team in the NL by season's end. Thos two teams are in their division, and they still have to jump the Padres.

The Dodgers have not done enough to asure themselves higher than a 4th place finsih next season. They were in 4th with Penny's great year. Wanna better his ERA is closer to 4.5 than 2.5 this season?

I just think spending about $80M on Jones and Kuroda is rediculous if you arent looking to go for it this year, especially when those players are only signed to 2 and 3 year deals.

The Dodgers should deal Lowe and trade for Bedard.

Nothing out there that Coletti is thinking about doing this but that makes sense for the Dodgers to do.

I saw a rumor recently that the Dodgers were interested in Rios after the Giants signed Rowand and stopped talks with Toronto. The deal they mentioned was Penny for Rios. I thought it was odd they would weaken their rotation and further crowd the outfield, unless they were looking to add an ace, (Bedard) and trade some outfielders, (Kemp, Ethier).

I just think spending about $80M on Jones and Kuroda is rediculous if you arent looking to go for it this year, especially when those players are only signed to 2 and 3 year deals.

Yeah, but it's their problem and not ours.

And I would gladly take their problems if the rest of their team and farm system went with it.

Good luck being a FutureOwner if you think the Dodgers offense is worse than the Orioles.

Last year it was.

The loss of Tejada gives them the upper hand this season, but I was talking about last year.

They dont need to worry about building a better offense than the Orioles, they need to build a better offense than AZ, COL, SD and whoever they hope to play in the playoffs.

Biggest difference between the O's and Dodgers is that we realized we are a 4th place team and signing a FA Of'er coming off his worst season, and an unproven Japanese pitchers who seems to project as a #3 at best is not going to make us a contender.

If they wanted to rebuild, why not rid themselves of whatever position player blocking someone who was ML ready, trade Lowe or Penny for more prospects and go

1B Loney

2B

3B LaRoche

SS Hu

CF Pierre

RF Kemp

LF Either

C Mitchell

and then hit 09 with a great young team and money in the bank?

And considering that they've got a pitcher batting, I think you've made it pretty apparent that the Dodgers offense is indeed better. :)
The Dodger offense could indeed be better if they wouldn't insist on playing declining veterens over their most promising young hitters. They should have been much better than the O's, but last season they woefully underproduced.

And considering that they've got a pitcher batting, I think you've made it pretty apparent that the Dodgers offense is indeed better. :)

They also play in the NL, and the NL West is not the NL East.

We can make this petty back and forth argument all day.

My POINT was that the Dodgers were a 4th place team last year, were 21st in runs scored and 10th in pitching. Their pitching was 10th, in large part to Penny tossing a 3.03 ERA. He and Lowe were the only 2 pitchers to start more than 20 games.

Their additions: Andruw Jones and his .222 batting avg, and Kuroda who is regarded less highly than Igawa was last year.

They are a 4th place team yet again.

The Dodger offense could indeed be better if they wouldn't insist on playing declining veterens over their most promising young hitters. They should have been much better than the O's, but last season they woefully underproduced.

Still, the point remains that a NL team, i.e., without a DH, produced just 21 runs less than the Orioles, who benefited from a DH. To me, that is more a condemnation of our offense.

Archived