August - .311/.329/.500

September -.382/.402/.528

Pre All-Star -.357/.402/.500

Post All-Star - .337/.361/.529

Home - .333/.371/.565

Away - .352/.375/.476

vs Left - .390/.432/.570

vs Right - .318/.340/.495

Small chance of him being anything other than a top 25% NL fielder next year in my opinion.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd be shocked if a team that finished fourth in their division *didn't* make the playoffs a year later?

Frankly the Dodgers, Pads, Rox, and DBacks could finish in just about any order and nobody should be the least surprised, let alone shocked.

It seems to me that each of these teams would greatly improve themselves relative to the other teams in the division by making just one key change. More offense from 3B for the Dodgers. I think it's a reasonable gamble to go with Nomar/LaRoche, though.

More offense from 2B for the Diamondbacks and Padres.

One quality SP for the Rockies.

I agree that the division is entirely up for grabs.

It seems to me that each of these teams would greatly improve themselves relative to the other teams in the division by making just one key change. More offense from 3B for the Dodgers. I think it's a reasonable gamble to go with Nomar/LaRoche, though.

The addition of Bedard to any of these teams would put them well ahead. I don't think the D'backs have enough left after the Haren trade, possibly the Rockies and the Padres do, but I know the Dodgers do, and they aren't willing.:confused:

I think as O's fans it's tough for us to understand the mindset of a team like the Dodgers. We're so used to seeing the same 2 teams dominate for the last decade, that we know that if we were one move away from becoming division favorites, we'd make it at all costs.

But it's different for those squads. They feel they have a good chance as it lies. They're not going to sacrifice their hard-earned studs just to become division and possibly league favorites. They're used to a wide-open field, so they're not going to get carried away over being favorites because to them, there are none.

I think you're being a little unfair to Orlando Hudson here. His offense is above average for his position and his defense is arguably the best in MLB.

I think you're being a little unfair to Orlando Hudson here. His offense is above average for his position and his defense is arguably the best in MLB.

Agreed. The DBacks have a pretty nice situation at 2B right now.

Hudson is a very underrated starter -- an 8-win guy thanks to his "D"

Chris Burke is a real nice backup.

And they're high enough on Emilio Bonifacio to deal away Callaspo.

I'm not being unfair, I simply forgot about him. I quickly checked MLB.com and they have Augie Ojeda starting at 2B with Alberto Callaspo backing up, so my bad.

However, I do think that, to a certain degree, the "overachiever" tag could be applied to the Diamondbacks last year and a little more offense somewhere in the lineup would be a good move on their part for 2008.

Agreed. The DBacks have a pretty nice situation at 2B right now.

Hudson is a very underrated starter -- an 8-win guy thanks to his "D"

Chris Burke is a real nice backup.

And they're high enough on Emilio Bonifacio to deal away Callaspo.

I agree with this. I hope somebody gives him one more chance to prove that he's more than a spare part too.

You'd be shocked if a team that finished fourth in their division *didn't* make the playoffs a year later?

Frankly the Dodgers, Pads, Rox, and DBacks could finish in just about any order and nobody should be the least surprised, let alone shocked.

I agree, but as of now, I'd probably pick the Dodgers to win that division, well as long as Pierre isn't starting.

• 3 years later...
Just talked to my guy via text and here is what he had to say. Take it for what its worth.

He is hearing that there is an offer on the table from the M's that includes Adam Jones and Clement. Says he thinks Bedard will be dealt. Just a matter of time and the right deal.

Roberts will be dealt as well. No timetable, but says he would be suprised if he is here on OD.

Also feels Roberts got the shaft in Mitchell report and that Hendry could careless if he is in Report. Still thinks Pie could be involved in deal. Gallagher definately in deal.

I am saying a BIG NO NO NO NO !!!!! I will decide who stays and who goes...I have no clue who your sorce is....but they are wrong IMO:eek:

Archived