Some News

Peace21

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mora isnt going to the Nationals. They have an OF of Pena/Kearns/Millegdge for the upcoming season with Dukes as the 4th OF or in the minors.

He will probably get sent to the Phillies. Rumblings out of here is that the Phillies are trying to move Helms.

Wooord, makes sense to me. I'd like to see us get 1 B+ type prospect back from the Phillies. Maybe Josh Outman, their 4th best prospect.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/O/Joshua-Outman.shtml

Actually not. Getting just one player back, gets you the Luis Riveras of the world. Getting quantity spreads around the risk.

Rivera came back with Trenidad Hubbard and Fernando Lunar ;)

Getting quantity over quality makes zero sense in this situation. It means you don't trust your scouting dept. If you trust your scouts, you let them tell you who to target, instead of getting a bunch of bodies and "sorting them out" yourself, as Belkast said.

Of course, in the case of Tejada, it is not a big deal because there was a small market for him, and the guys we got could amount to something pretty strong. But for a guy like Bedard who has many suitors, we need to get 1 or 2 elite guys, and one maybe. Not 4 or 5 maybes.

Well I was just told those two (A Jones, Clement) obviously there would be more included in the deal. I would hope.

Just a guess but maybe the Mariners only want to include a guy like Morrow and that's it and AM is looking for 2-3 guys to give more depth.

To be honest, if we get Clement and A Jones, there are a lot of combinations of guys after that I would be happy with.

I am just hoping Clement for Brignac is possible.

That gives us 2 blue chippers to put right on the team immediately.

Question is, can we get Pie??

You don't have trade just Clement, I imagine we could get something fairly enticing if we paired him with some of our pitching or maybe even Roberts. I"m not sure what the Cubs catching situation is looking like but I"m pretty sure they let go of their starting catcher from last year.

Barrett was traded and Kendall walked as a FA. There replacement is a scrub called Soto. He was only the MVP of the PCL last year. I think their set.

You don't have trade just Clement, I imagine we could get something fairly enticing if we paired him with some of our pitching or maybe even Roberts. I"m not sure what the Cubs catching situation is looking like but I"m pretty sure they let go of their starting catcher from last year.

The Cubs have Geovany Soto ready to come up. While he's not exactly Wieters, I doubt you ever see a season from Wieters like Soto put up between AAA and MLB this year... it was insane. 1076 OPS at AAA and 1100 in Chicago.

Just a guess but maybe the Mariners only want to include a guy like Morrow and that's it and AM is looking for 2-3 guys to give more depth.

To be honest, if we get Clement and A Jones, there are a lot of combinations of guys after that I would be happy with.

I am just hoping Clement for Brignac is possible.

That gives us 2 blue chippers to put right on the team immediately.

Question is, can we get Pie??

As would I. Getting back those two would be a coup.

Trying not to get my hopes up.

Archived