Some News

Peace21

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mora isnt going to the Nationals. They have an OF of Pena/Kearns/Millegdge for the upcoming season with Dukes as the 4th OF or in the minors.

He will probably get sent to the Phillies. Rumblings out of here is that the Phillies are trying to move Helms.

They want to move Gordon as well. Or so I heard anyway.

Belkast or Peace...If we get Clement, are we going to flip him somewhere else?(Brignac from TB seems to make a lot of sense to me)

SG, I know you and I agree on Clement for Brignac, but do you think TB would make it a simple 1-for-1 swap?

MiLB.com ranks Brignac #32 and Clement #46. Pretty close. Seems fair. I guess it comes down to which position they want to address.

Would you do Mora straight up for Gordon?

I would do that deal. He would lend support to a bullpen that will be make shift this season. Ideally, he gets himself back together in the first half and then trade him during the season. Without a NTC and only a year left on his contract, he will be really easy to move later.

I knew they had a young guy coming up, I just didn't know how accomplished he was. For some reason I haven't seen a whole lot about him as far as the young catchers, at least not as much as Wieters, MAthis, Clement, and even Salty last year. His numbers are extremely impressive though. Anyway, I find it hard to believe AM wouldn't be able to get rid of a potential-laced, young catcher and even throw in some of our young pitching (HOEy, Alber, Burres, OLsen, Liz???). This is assuming AM feels he can get a hotshot postiional prospect though.

SG, I know you and I agree on Clement for Brignac, but do you think TB would make it a simple 1-for-1 swap?

MiLB.com ranks Brignac #32 and Clement #46.

That is really no difference in rankings...Plus, Clement had a much better year than Brignac did in 2007.

Also, it is a need for the DRays...They have Bartlett at SS right now and Longoria at third(in case they decided to move Brignac to third).

That is really no difference in rankings...Plus, Clement had a much better year than Brignac did in 2007.

Also, it is a need for the DRays...They have Bartlett at SS right now and Longoria at third(in case they decided to move Brignac to third).

Maybe they'll pull a Seattle and put Brignac in CF ;)

Archived