I think they hit Andino on purpose.

LookinUp

When I first saw it I thought it might have just gotten away from him. The catcher was looking for a high fastball so not the most ridiculous thing for one to get away from him.

Seeing it again and thinking about it though and I think he was trying to hit him. Probably not in the head but I do think he was trying to bean him. Possibly for last year, possibly for him sliding hard earlier in the game. Possibly because the Sox suck and Bobby V is a true coward.

I don't expect retaliation though. We're beyond that bull**** right now.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wen I first saw it I thought it might have just gotten away from him. The catcher was looking for a high fastball so not the most ridiculous thing for one to get away from him.

Seeing it again and think about it though and I think he was trying to hit him. Probably not in the head but I do think he was trying to bean him. Possibly for last year, possibly for him sliding hard earlier in the game. Possibly because the Sox suck and Bobby V is a true coward.

I don't expect retaliation, though. We're beyond that bull**** right now.

I agree. We are in a pennant race, the Red Sox are not, and they would love nothing better than for us to get into some **** with them that could potentially distract us from playing our game.

More importantly...we don't have anything to prove to them. They suck. They're not worth it. They're worthless pieces of garbage that don't deserve the honor of being drilled. They can try to make themselves relevant by playing the game like gutless ******, but we shouldn't validate them. It's beneath us to even show them that much respect.

Love this. Agree 100 percent. The Sux could suck for the next twenty years and I will still savor each and every win over that team.

When I first saw it I thought it might have just gotten away from him. The catcher was looking for a high fastball so not the most ridiculous thing for one to get away from him.

Seeing it again and thinking about it though and I think he was trying to hit him. Probably not in the head but I do think he was trying to bean him. Possibly for last year, possibly for him sliding hard earlier in the game. Possibly because the Sox suck and Bobby V is a true coward.

I don't expect retaliation though. We're beyond that bull**** right now.

I had forgotten about the hard slide. I was concentrating more on what Andino had done at the plate tonight previous to him getting plunked. Thanks.

Which sounds more plausible -

Valentine ordered it on a 1-2 count with 2 outs in the 9th down by only 2.

Or, they initially called for a brush back pitch and the pitcher said eff this I'm just gonna drill the bastard and get props from my teammates.

So... the best time to retaliate for last season was with 2 outs, a 1-2 count, down 4-2 in the top of the 9th in Fenway?

They could have hit him any time in the prior 12 games and 3 ABs. There's no way they do it in that spot.

I said that Andino was one base all 3 times tonight. And I said that could have been a factor, combined with what happened last year. Did you miss that part of my post ?

Also, the Red Sox were not helplessly out of the pennant race in the first 9 games that we played againt them this year, as they are now. And they were only 2 games under .500 (57-59) in the most recent series.

You can throw your logic out for at least those first 9 games, because unlike now, the Red Sox had something to play for in those 9 games.

Look, I apologize if I came across as snippy. I didn't really mean that you could completely throw out your logic for the first 9 games, but I do believe that the Red Sox' season then was considerably different at that time than it is now, and subsequently, they (the Red Sox) really aren't going to be that upset about jeopardizing their chances to win 1 game right now, as they would have been back then.

Don't know if those ratbastards were trying to hit RA (probably were), Maybe we can ask our sweetheart Jen Royle to ask Pedroia if he knows how hard Dylan Bundy can throw.

Not saying I'm hoping for this, but it'd be kinda fun to have a massive, late lead tomorrow...bring Bundy in to make his ML debut against Pedroia, drill Pedroia with an upper-90's FB (Bundy won't be on the playoff roster anyway), and then watch that bruised, Boston bast---- try to limp past Matt to get to the mound.

Double-whammy?

Eh, let's just win.

The O's won't retaliate tomorrow. It is not the time to risk suspensions or injuries.

Admittedly, I was thinking that same thing. Crap. If this blows up and it comes to blows, it would truly suck to see someone on our side go down. On the other hand, they need to nail someone tomorrow - period. Not in the head, but certainly somewhere south of there.

Archived